Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People have started suggesting that Mason Greenwood reminds them of Robin Van Persie and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer agrees

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• The Pole who used to be in goal is a big De Gea fan #Spiderman
    by E.S.
    The Pole who used to be in goal is a big De Gea fan #Spiderman

Dear Reds, we need your help - https://fundrazr.com/RedNewsSupport

If you think what we do is important, then a subscription right now is a game changer for our future as an independent fanzine in the year ahead. No football = no games to sell at. We need your support now more than ever. We believe the terraces of Old Trafford and its culture is a little bit stronger when Red News is around, and that our fanzine still provides a strong voice, and a different take on supporting MUFC that is worth keeping.

So on our 33rd anniversary we are opening up our new advanced annual subscription campaign because without your subscriptions, we will not be able to continue, nor be around in 2021. With your support, we will. We pride ourselves on still being a voice for normal Reds just like you. For giving space for reasoned, well thought out opinion, and for the type of exclusives and gossip you know us well for. And to praise, or hold the club to account, where it is appropriate. To shine a light where it is needed. A different type of fanzine. But one that still holds the same principles as when we first started in April 1987.

We have weathered many storms, including a decline in matchday sales, and all the changes, both good or bad, at Old Trafford in our time, but events right now out of our control are different... We only survive because of our readers. Without advertising, you keep us alive.

If games are behind closed doors, we will still publish. We WILL still publish. If needs be we will make certain mags double issues every second month like our one will be in May 2020.

The target this summer is 333 Reds.

Thank you - https://fundrazr.com/RedNewsSupport

Tomasz Kuszczak

“I trained with him for nearly a year and I remember I used to watch someone hit a ball towards the top corner and from nowhere he would fly across and save it like Spider-Man! I was like ‘wow what a guy,’”

“He’s powerful and quick, and a top guy. Obviously you’ll make mistakes, we all do, but he has proved himself for many years.”

“His performances over the last eight or nine years have been unbelievable,”

“To play for a team which is doing well and is on top is easy, but unfortunately after Sir Alex left there were changes at the club, United struggled a little bit and David was put under massive pressure. I’m not surprised he picked up the best player award for four or five years in a row because he deserved it. He’s made so many key saves and in almost every game he has been under massive pressure.

“I played some games for United and I touched the ball three times maybe, I had nothing to do! I just passed the ball and we won 3-0, thank you very much! [Smiles] David hasn’t had that, in almost every game he’s played he’s made massive saves and for me he’s an unbelievable goalkeeper and one of the best, no doubt about it.”...
    Today, 09:12 AM
  • Remember the Pole in Goal ? well he is now the Pole in Stands #TomaszKuszczak
    by E.S.
    Remember the Pole in Goal ? well he is now the Pole in Stands #TomaszKuszczak

If you think what we do is important, then a subscription right now is a game changer for our future as an independent fanzine in the year ahead. No football = no games to sell at. We need your support now more than ever. We believe the terraces of Old Trafford and its culture is a little bit stronger when Red News is around, and that our fanzine still provides a strong voice, and a different take on supporting MUFC that is worth keeping.

So on our 33rd anniversary we are opening up our new advanced annual subscription campaign because without your subscriptions, we will not be able to continue, nor be around in 2021. With your support, we will. We pride ourselves on still being a voice for normal Reds just like you. For giving space for reasoned, well thought out opinion, and for the type of exclusives and gossip you know us well for. And to praise, or hold the club to account, where it is appropriate. To shine a light where it is needed. A different type of fanzine. But one that still holds the same principles as when we first started in April 1987.

We have weathered many storms, including a decline in matchday sales, and all the changes, both good or bad, at Old Trafford in our time, but events right now out of our control are different... We only survive because of our readers. Without advertising, you keep us alive.

If games are behind closed doors, we will still publish. We WILL still publish. If needs be we will make certain mags double issues every second month like our one will be in May 2020.

“I’ve got two season tickets and I love sitting with the fans,”

“I’m just in normal seats, not far from the away fans and I can go and shout the team on. I love it, I love it, it’s great. Sometimes, my old friends like Wes [Brown] say come and sit with us [in another part of the ground] but I’m like ‘no, I want to be in my seat with the fans!’ I’m screaming from a different angle now, I used to scream from the goal, now I scream from the stands!

“I’m enjoying my retirement,” he added. “I prepared for this moment, I always have things to do. I’m in the property industry of building houses and flats, as well as football that’s always been my passion, to develop things like this. I did some of my coaching badges and I also went to university and finished a degree in journalism, believe it or not, but, at the moment, I’m focused on my company and developing houses and flats in Poland, so I travel a lot. The family are still very happy in Manchester and we’re all happy and healthy. I see my friends like Wes from time to time and it’s always nice to see friendly faces from my time at United.”...
    Today, 09:07 AM
  • Bruno talks about how happy he was to sign for MUFC
    by E.S.
    Bruno talks about how happy he was to sign for MUFC

“When I received the call saying, 'Bruno, you have the chance to move to Manchester', I tell to my wife, I call my brother, I call my father, my mother and my sister, and I started crying you know!”

“But crying for happiness, because the chance you have... you fight all your life to be in a top club, in the top league, and here is the chance.”

“All my family, they know since the beginning, I want to be a football player,”

“As soon as I started to play, they knew my big dream was being in the Premier League and playing for Manchester United.

“The time of Sir Alex Ferguson was the time that I grew up and I watched. It was there my love started for Manchester United. Cristiano was coming here, but also other players you have playing here that were amazing players. I can be here all day if I need to nominate everyone!

“At that time, my brother was always a Barca supporter, because he loves Messi. And so we are fighting about Messi and Cristiano you know! I remember one time we went to Switzerland to find my dad – my dad was in Switzerland some years ago to work – and we buy a jacket. I buy a jacket from Manchester United, and he bought a jacket from Barcelona.

“We have the jackets in Portugal. I talk with my uncle to see if he has the photos with the jackets, but he says he doesn't have. I will do a photo with the jacket when I go back to Portugal with my brother. He knows it was my dream to come here.”

“I will say the truth. I was scared!”

“Because it was a dream come true, but you’re coming for the biggest dream you can have. For me, [that’s] playing in England, for Manchester. It is the highest point of my career, because you're playing in the Premier League, you play for one of the best teams in the world.”...
    Today, 09:03 AM
  • The farce continues .... teams can now make more subs in games ...
    by E.S.
    The farce continues .... teams can now make more subs in games ...

“Shareholders today agreed temporary changes to the rules relating to substitute players. “For the remainder of the 2019/20 season, the number of substitutes used during a match will increase from three to five players.

“This is in line with the temporary law amendment made by the International Football Association Board last month. “Shareholders also approved for clubs to increase the maximum number of substitute players on the bench from seven to nine for the rest of the 2019/20 season.“...
    Today, 09:00 AM
  • Sad news that Geoff Watson, one of MUFCs ex-scouts, has passed away
    by E.S.
    Sad news that Geoff Watson, one of MUFCs ex-scouts, has passed away

Statement from MUFC

“Geoff was a magnificent servant of Manchester United who loved working for the club. He was a selfless, meticulous and knowledgeable scout and was held in the highest esteem by colleagues, players and their families alike.

"His smile and warm sense of humour would light up the room. He will be missed by all. Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.”...
    Today, 08:57 AM
  • Ighalo bigs up Greenwood
    by E.S.
    Ighalo bigs up Greenwood

"He's a very good player. I think I used to see with my eyes he's looking like Robin van Persie. He can shoot with both feet, he's a very intelligent player, young and is not afraid."...
    Today, 08:54 AM
Working...
X