Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Ighalo gives his thoughts on Bournemouth this season
    by E.S.
    Ighalo gives his thoughts on Bournemouth this season

Dear Reds, we need your help - https://fundrazr.com/RedNewsSupport

If you think what we do is important, then a subscription right now is a game changer for our future as an independent fanzine in the year ahead. No football = no games to sell at. We need your support now more than ever. We believe the terraces of Old Trafford and its culture is a little bit stronger when Red News is around, and that our fanzine still provides a strong voice, and a different take on supporting MUFC that is worth keeping.

So on our 33rd anniversary we are opening up our new advanced annual subscription campaign because without your subscriptions, we will not be able to continue, nor be around in 2021. With your support, we will. We pride ourselves on still being a voice for normal Reds just like you. For giving space for reasoned, well thought out opinion, and for the type of exclusives and gossip you know us well for. And to praise, or hold the club to account, where it is appropriate. To shine a light where it is needed. A different type of fanzine. But one that still holds the same principles as when we first started in April 1987.

We have weathered many storms, including a decline in matchday sales, and all the changes, both good or bad, at Old Trafford in our time, but events right now out of our control are different... We only survive because of our readers. Without advertising, you keep us alive.

If games are behind closed doors, we will still publish. We WILL still publish. If needs be we will make certain mags double issues every second month like our one will be in May 2020.

The target this summer is 333 Reds.

Thank you - https://fundrazr.com/RedNewsSupport

“Bournemouth have a good squad,”

“Unfortunately, they’re not doing so well this season but they have good players. Callum Wilson is suspended but he’s a good striker too, he’s a striker who can disturb any defence from start to finish and he’s a good goalscorer. I know Nathan Ake, as I played with him during my days at Watford.

“He’s a good guy who was young but hard working. It’s going to be good as I’ve not seen him since I left the UK to go to play in China. This is a good opportunity to see him, he’s a good lad and I’m looking forward to that.

“Their squad is not bad but we’ve got to break teams like this down and we have to work hard, push hard and show our resilience, all of that.

“We know it’s going to be a tough game but I think we’re ready and we have what it takes to win.“...
    Yesterday, 07:47 AM
  • Ighalo feels he has grown as a player since his Watford days
    by E.S.
    Ighalo feels he has grown as a player since his Watford days

If you think what we do is important, then a subscription right now is a game changer for our future as an independent fanzine in the year ahead. No football = no games to sell at. We need your support now more than ever. We believe the terraces of Old Trafford and its culture is a little bit stronger when Red News is around, and that our fanzine still provides a strong voice, and a different take on supporting MUFC that is worth keeping.

So on our 33rd anniversary we are opening up our new advanced annual subscription campaign because without your subscriptions, we will not be able to continue, nor be around in 2021. With your support, we will. We pride ourselves on still being a voice for normal Reds just like you. For giving space for reasoned, well thought out opinion, and for the type of exclusives and gossip you know us well for. And to praise, or hold the club to account, where it is appropriate. To shine a light where it is needed. A different type of fanzine. But one that still holds the same principles as when we first started in April 1987.

We have weathered many storms, including a decline in matchday sales, and all the changes, both good or bad, at Old Trafford in our time, but events right now out of our control are different... We only survive because of our readers. Without advertising, you keep us alive.

If games are behind closed doors, we will still publish. We WILL still publish. If needs be we will make certain mags double issues every second month like our one will be in May 2020.

“I think I’ve gained more experience now and I push my game a little bit more than when I was at Watford. I think I’m even stronger now than I was then and have a bit more fighting ability to give, plus I have the experience to do what it takes on the field to score goals and to help the team. I feel I have improved from then to now.”...
    Yesterday, 07:46 AM
  • Ighalo describes the qualities of Rashford and Martial
    by E.S.
    Ighalo describes the qualities of Rashford and Martial

“Anthony Martial is very skilful. He’s a direct striker. He likes to play with the ball at his feet. Rashy l[Marcus Rashford] likes to run in behind. I think I bring different things to the strikers we have. I can play with my back to goal, I can keep the ball. I’m strong so it’s different, you know, and for the different games, we play different patterns and with different strategies.

“So it’s good to have different types of striker in order to accomplish what you want...
    Yesterday, 07:44 AM
  • Ighalo talks goals, goals, goals
    by E.S.
    Ighalo talks goals, goals, goals

“With strikers, we are being judged on goals,”

“Sometimes, when you don’t score goals, you’re sad. As long as the team wins, that’s the most important thing but, as a striker, I would like to score in every game.

“That is what you are being judged on – goals, goals, goals.

“It’s the measure of a striker – how many goals you have scored. It is what people want to know about. That’s why we’re always eager to score goals and why, every time I’m on the pitch, I give my best to try to make sure I can create chances and score goals. But if I don’t score then, as long as we win the game, and my team-mates score, it’s okay for me.”...
    Yesterday, 07:43 AM
  • Harry Rednapp shares his thoughts on MUFC this season and the top four race ...
    by E.S.
    Harry Rednapp shares his thoughts on MUFC this season and the top four race ...

"I’d be a fool if I said I fancy Bournemouth to get a result. I couldn’t pick many worse games to play at this stage of the season,”

“Man United want that top-four spot. I think Leicester are starting to struggle, there’s a real opportunity now. They’ve really hit a brick wall, haven’t they?

“I certainly see United finishing in the top four this year. They’re in form, they’re playing well, I can’t see them finishing outside of the four. They could even finish third I think, the way it’s looking at the moment.

“Leicester are struggling. I never know what I’m going to get with Chelsea and, as I say, I think Man United will finish in the top four.”

“[Wolves] have been amazing, haven’t they? I do like the manager [Nuno Espirito Santo] and the job he’s done has been amazing. They could creep in there. Leicester looked home and hosed and they’re really struggling now and then Wolves, yeah.

“There’s nothing to say they can’t make it. But I think United will be in the top four, I think they’ll push on. They’ve made a couple of signings in the last year or so that have made a big difference. Fernandes and Harry Maguire gave them real backbone. [Aaron Wan-Bissaka]’s come in and done well.

“I saw Ole’s looking for another striker. They’re not easy to find when you’re looking round for top, top players but I reckon maybe with two or three players, they’re going to be a real force in the next year or so.

“I see a massive improvement, I really do. They look a team suddenly. I had big doubts about them early in the season when they had a bad run, but they’ve turned a corner now. Rashford, Greenwood, incredible young players coming through again. The future’s starting to look good.”...
    Yesterday, 07:42 AM
  • Two injuries for United ahead of the Bournemouth game
    by E.S.
    Two injuries for United ahead of the Bournemouth game ... the same two that have been injured since lockdown

only two MUFC players unavailable due to injuries - Jones and Axel ...
    Yesterday, 07:39 AM
Working...
X