Alexis Sanchez comments on life at MUFC as a player with Moruinho in charge

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Alexis Sanchez comments on life at MUFC as a player with Moruinho in charge

Alexis Sanchez comments on life at MUFC as a player with Moruinho in charge

Dear Reds, we need your help - https://fundrazr.com/RedNewsSupport

If you think what we do is important, then a subscription right now is a game changer for our future as an independent fanzine in the year ahead. No football = no games to sell at. We need your support now more than ever. We believe the terraces of Old Trafford and its culture is a little bit stronger when Red News is around, and that our fanzine still provides a strong voice, and a different take on supporting MUFC that is worth keeping.

So on our 33rd anniversary we are opening up our new advanced annual subscription campaign because without your subscriptions, we will not be able to continue, nor be around in 2021. With your support, we will. We pride ourselves on still being a voice for normal Reds just like you. For giving space for reasoned, well thought out opinion, and for the type of exclusives and gossip you know us well for. And to praise, or hold the club to account, where it is appropriate. To shine a light where it is needed. A different type of fanzine. But one that still holds the same principles as when we first started in April 1987.

We have weathered many storms, including a decline in matchday sales, and all the changes, both good or bad, at Old Trafford in our time, but events right now out of our control are different... We only survive because of our readers. Without advertising, you keep us alive.

If games are behind closed doors, we will still publish. We WILL still publish. If needs be we will make certain mags double issues every second month like our one will be in May 2020.

The target this summer is 333 Reds.

Thank you - https://fundrazr.com/RedNewsSupport

"Mourinho is one of the best coaches in the world in the way that he coaches, how he studies videos, the way he goes about things. But then, within the group there was that feeling that you were in the team then out. Sometimes I didn’t play, then I did, then I didn’t and as a player you lose confidence, each player lost their confidence, do you understand?

‘And then an atmosphere was created that wasn’t healthy.

"Sometimes I’m playing well and I score a goal and he took me off. And I’d say, “I love football, I love football. I’ve played football since I was five and if I have the ball taken away from me, it’s as if I lose my joy. I’m like that."
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Martin Keown questions if Ole is trusted by MUFC
      by E.S.
      Martin Keown questions if Ole is trusted by MUFC

“We’re used to seeing Manchester United win things,”

“It’s almost a rebirth of Manchester United but how long have we got to wait?

“Yes, the consistency and finishing second in the Premier League is probably what’s going to get him a new deal but when it comes to it you’ve got to have that way to win.”

“But following in the footsteps of Sir Alex Ferguson, no one has been able to recreate that.

“They’ve had a succession of managers at the club but have not really been trusted and had a working relationship [with the club] and I do feel that with Ole.

“I do feel, when you look at it, he’s lucky to still be there really.

"He knows the standards that are being set and he can’t keep suffering disappointments, semi-final after semi-final, getting to finals.

“I do think he’s fortunate but this is the current day Manchester United.”...
      31-05-2021, 07:51 AM
    • New Red News Fanzine - out now.
      by E.S.
      New Red News Fanzine - out now.

order via this link - https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...-may-june-2021 - receive a fanzine and the love of Red News in return
      31-05-2021, 07:48 AM
    • So the football season is over and the transfer silly season has begun
      by E.S.
      So the football season is over and the transfer silly season has begun

Which means endless transfer speculation, rumour and a few lies no doubt thrown in to add to the drama of it all

First up we have the suggestion that Ronaldo may move from Juventus to MUFC

We also have the suggestion that Tom Heaton (the goalkeeper) will be another player to make a return to the club he once played for

Of course there is the ongoing Harry Kane story where United are supposedly on the list of clubs he'd be interrested in moving to.

Plus the ever present Sancho to MUFC speculation which is usually accompanied by some ridiculously large numbers for the transfer fee we are supposedly willing to spend despite needing to replace players in a few other positions....
      31-05-2021, 07:45 AM
    • Ole praises the United squad
      by E.S.
      Ole praises the United squad

“I’ve been delighted with the effort, desire, determination of all the players,“

”I can’t fault them at all and we’ve probably done as well as anyone could have imagined. So yeah, those of us who are here now need to do better, we need to work better, work harder, cleverer.

“But as I’ve said, two or three players to strengthen the starting XI and the squad altogether. It’s important for us to go even further because I’m sure our challengers will also want to improve so we will want to improve as much as we can.”...
      27-05-2021, 09:00 AM
    • Ole attempts to justify why no substitutions were made in normal time
      by E.S.
      Ole attempts to justify why no substitutions were made in normal time

“We felt the players out there, you have got Mason [Greenwood], Marcus [Rashford, who are] matchwinners in their own right,“

”Bruno [Fernandes], Edi [Cavani], of course, they can create anything. Scott McTominay was absolutely outstanding out there. For me, he was the best player on the pitch.

“So it is difficult to make that change, especially when Fred has been injured for a week, and he came on and he did well, the boy. But we just couldn’t create enough chances to win the game. When they have [Pau] Torres and [Raul] Albiol in there to make crosses it is always going to be difficult. We needed to play our way into the box quicker....
      27-05-2021, 08:57 AM
    • Ole attempts to explain that United performance in the Europa League final
      by E.S.
      Ole attempts to explain that United performance in the Europa League final

“We didn’t turn up. We didn’t play as well we know we can do. We started alright, but they got the goal, the only shot they had on target they score. I was disappointed we conceded a goal again on a set-play. We pushed, we pressed but after we scored we couldn’t control the game and dominate as well as we wanted. That is football at times. They made it hard for us and closed the spaces. We had the majority of possession and they defended well. We didn’t create enough big chances.”

“Now is not the time to point the finger on what I would have done different, but when you come out with no trophy you have not done everything right.”

“We are getting closer and closer and better. We are one kick away today from having a trophy and having a good night. But we have got to have the desire to come back next year and improve and get better, and that will be about the margins. The only way to get the margins on your side is to work harder and better.”

“We need to get better, as simple as. We have done really well this season coming through the start was really difficult. We had no pre-season whatsoever and lost three of the first six games, all of them at home. We pushed in the league, maybe got closer to the top than we thought and we got to a final, but you need to win these finals to make it a good season.”

“We are building a strong squad, a competitive squad. The spirit in the squad is really good. They are gutted in there. Now is not the time to analyse the whole season.”

“You've got to be strong. You've got to learn from failure. You've got to learn from disappointment, because it’s a lesson. It’s a lesson that we’re not still where we want to be. We’re still not at the quality we want to be. We go away now. Some have the Euros, some have the holidays. The one thing that’s definite is that everyone has to come back with a desire to improve and I’m sure they will have this feeling for a couple of days and come back stronger.”
      27-05-2021, 08:52 AM
    Working...
    X