Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ole played down a January move this window before the Burnley game

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Ole played down a January move this window before the Burnley game

“The situation is different now from a year ago, so it’s unlikely something is going to happen. But you’re right. Bruno came in and has had a great impact, made us a better team and he’s become a better player as well. If there was something out there that was nailed on I wouldn’t say no but it’s likely nothing is going to happen.”

"I think the signings we made in the summer strengthened the squad really well. Good signings, good characters, good players. January is always difficult but if something comes up you think is a long-term target anyway that's another scenario. But not many teams would like to lose their players in January, so it's unlikely something will happen on the inside. There might be two or three going out because, one, they deserve to play football, for their own good and for their own careers."
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• De Gea explains whats different about United and what he brings to the team
      by E.S.
      De Gea explains whats different about United and what he brings to the team

A £15 yearly Supporter subscription gets you full news, forum and site access *and* ONE FREE copy of Red News the fanzine itself sent to your door. If you are a current subscriber we'll just add the extra copy onto your subscription count. You can pay easily and securely, through Paypal.

“The whole team is ready to play and give everything, that’s the most important thing,”

“Everyone is ready to play or to be on the bench or to be in the stands – we are all together. That makes the difference. We feel and hear the others from the bench and the stands, especially without the fans.

”For example, the other day against Fulham, I could hear Granty [Lee Grant] from the stands shouting ‘well done, Dave!’ [Smiles] It was great to have him cheering the team and helping the team, like everyone does.

“The most important thing is the team, not just one player or two players, the whole team is what makes us strong.”

“I’m trying to lead and be a leader. The young lads might look at me and see I have been here a long time, and played a lot of games, and I think the most important thing is to show your experience on the pitch and in the games by trying to help the team,”

“I try to make big saves in the games and train hard as well. Training is very important too and always to give your all. I have the experience of winning big titles here. I know the feeling of winning things and, this year, we have an opportunity to win a trophy and we cannot miss big chances. If the chance is there we have to go for it and fight until the last game to win. I’m trying to give some advice to the young lads and I try to give 100 per cent in every training session and every game to show them that ‘come on, we have to be 100 per cent every day and fight for everything’.

“I think the most important thing is just to be focused on the next game. Don’t think a lot about the next matches coming up, just the next one. You need to be 100 per cent on it for that match and to try to get the three points,”

“For me, it’s easy [to focus on one game at a time]. I just come in, train, give everything and just prepare for the next game, nothing else, not the games after that one, just the next one. And try to win of course.”...
      Today, 09:50 AM
    • New RedNews278/279 Double Issue, out now
      by E.S.
      New RedNews278/279 Double Issue, out now

Print copies https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...-december-2020

PDF https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...-december-2020

App available now https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/red-...644186396?mt=8

Kindle available now https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...SIN=B08QDMHPV8

Cheers for supporting, a unique read, and keeping RN going.
      Today, 09:47 AM
    • Chat with fellow reds (no ABUs!)
      by E.S.
      Chat with fellow reds (no ABUs!)

A £15 yearly Supporter subscription gets you full news, forum and site access *and* ONE FREE copy of Red News the fanzine itself sent to your door. If you are a current subscriber we'll just add the extra copy onto your subscription count. You can pay easily and securely, through Paypal....
      Today, 09:47 AM
    • Ole thinks United have found an identity on pitch and can now play to that
      by E.S.
      Ole thinks United have found an identity on pitch and can now play to that

A £15 yearly Supporter subscription gets you full news, forum and site access *and* ONE FREE copy of Red News the fanzine itself sent to your door. If you are a current subscriber we'll just add the extra copy onto your subscription count. You can pay easily and securely, through Paypal.

“I think we’ve shown in the two Liverpool games, the two [Manchester] City games as well that we’ve played lately, that we are competitive when we play on our own terms.

”Over the years, we have won a few of those games by tweaking the system, changing and suiting just for one game. I wanted to get to a place where we can into these games and feel competitive, and we have done.

“Of course, we have beaten Liverpool, City beat us, but it could easily have been the other way around in both games, such tight games. But that we are in these games and playing on our own terms, we feel we’re creating chances, and can win everyone of them, that’s been a big step forward for us.

”Looking back at the past seasons, we’ve had some decent results against City before as well and good performances against Liverpool, yet they beat us last year 2-0. That’s the one defeat we’ve had against them. This period is the first time we’ve gone with the way we normally set up the team.“

“I’ve been part of the team that’s been winning leagues by making sure you perform to the best of your ability every game,”

“It doesn’t matter who you play against. That might mean, in some of the big games, you might lose, and that if they’re tight matches you might not get the result you want.

”If you add the consistency in the games on paper you should be winning and everyone thinks there’s an easy fixture down the line… It’s never an easy fixture in the Premier League.

“We’ve had a good, strong defensive set-up and I think that’s the key to it. The ability to work hard and make sure we keep the ball out of our net because we got the quality to score.”

“We get running stats and I look at it every game,”

“There’s no hiding place and I’m not hiding that back either. I want players who can outrun the opponent - that’s a demand.

”Again, when you've got quality players, sometimes you can accept a little bit less running but not much, because it takes a hell of a good player to be able to rest.

“Maybe once or twice, [Cristiano] Ronaldo was allowed a rest back in the day, but not many more have been allowed to at Man United.”...
      Today, 09:11 AM
    • Ole says United's form at Old Trafford has changed because of hard work
      by E.S.
      Ole says United's form at Old Trafford has changed because of hard work

“I’ve said it so many times, home or away, it doesn’t really matter. It’s just the surface of the pitch and there are no fans, no crowd. You don’t have that extra man that we usually have, which we can’t wait to get back again. The ground staff have done a good job, so we’re happy with with the surface. Our form has come through hard work, through the coaching, through the work the players have done. We knew the beginning was going to be hard for us and it just fell that we had a few difficult home games to start with and circumstances in those games were hard for us to overcome. Now the form is good, the mood is good, the confidence is good, the squad is fit and healthy. We are in a good moment. Of course, you have to enjoy it, but it’s focus on the next one. That’s the only thing that matters.”
      Today, 09:09 AM
    • Ole is asked about Lampard getting sacked by Chelsea and the contrast to his position at MUFC
      by E.S.
      Ole is asked about Lampard getting sacked by Chelsea and the contrast to his position at MUFC

“It’s not really for me to comment too much on that one. One thing I know for sure is that Frank doesn’t want any of us to feel sorry for him, that’s for sure. I know his character, his mentality and I’m sure he’ll bounce back and have a very good managerial career. He just went through a bad patch for a spell - it wasn’t long ago they were top of the league. It’s the first dip of form they’ve really had under Frank. [I’m] a little bit surprised, but it’s not my job to comment on what’s happening at Chelsea.”

I can just comment on our club, of course. We knew that we were going to have some rough and patchy periods and they stood strong. I’ve had good backing from the club, the leadership has been very steady, which I feel very grateful for because we’ve been through two or three really bad spells. We don’t know what’s happening in behind the scenes. You don’t know what’s been happening in behind the scenes here either. It’s not for me to keep talking about our communication but, of course, it’s always sad when someone loses their job.”
      Today, 09:08 AM
    Working...
    X