Ole was really impressed by Pellistri's goal v Derby

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Ole was really impressed by Pellistri's goal v Derby

Ole was really impressed by Pellistri's goal v Derby

"A very good goal,"

"A good pass [from Shoretire] as you say, his first touch sets him up and he's very good at dribbling and he's composed, so there's no trouble going past the 'keeper. It thought he was bright."
      Posting comments is disabled.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Dean Henderson explains what injury kept him out of england Euro squad
      by E.S.
      Dean Henderson explains what injury kept him out of england Euro squad

"I had an injury ongoing from the Burnley game last season and I was really struggling,”

“I had a really bad left hip and I needed it to be addressed and I took a scan when I was away with England. I tried to keep it quiet because obviously I wanted to be involved and not miss any games towards the end of last season, I just wanted to keep the momentum going.

“For me, it was something I needed to get sorted so having a break and getting my head right and then coming back in early and getting everything sorted so I’m ready for the season is something I’m looking forward to.”...
      01-08-2021, 12:16 PM
    • Paddy Crerand says Varane reminds him of Rio
      by E.S.
      Paddy Crerand says Varane reminds him of Rio

"He's a class act,"

"He played in the 2018 World Cup for France and stood out. He's a totally class act.

"I don't think there are many top central defenders anywhere. He reminds of Rio Ferdinand actually - that's how good he is.

"He's excellent with the ball at his feet and he makes everything look easy, exactly the same as Rio. That's because they're terrific players. They make things look easy. They can read the game well."...
      01-08-2021, 12:15 PM
    • Denis Irwin thinks Nemanja Vidic deserves to be called "consistent"
      by E.S.
      Denis Irwin thinks Nemanja Vidic deserves to be called "consistent"

"Probably the most consistent players are defenders, I've got to say that.

“Strikers, you know, go on unbelievable streaks but sometimes you've got to be super sharp to be a striker.

“So I'd probably pick a defender. Vidic was one of my favourite players.

“I think he was a great partner for Rio. He was just an out-and-out defender but I shouldn't really say that because he could play football as well.

“He always came across as an out-and-out defender anyway and one no centre-forward would want to come up against. He very rarely made mistakes, was aggressive and scored a few important goals for us.

“I would say Vidic, on that front.”
      01-08-2021, 12:13 PM
    • Rashford explains the needs for surgery and why he went to the Euro's
      by E.S.
      Rashford explains the needs for surgery and why he went to the Euro's

"When I was 11 years old, MU [United] helped me and my family out of a really difficult situation,"

"I will always feel indebted.“When the club needs me, I’ll be there. Any role I can play in helping my boyhood club, I’m going to do it. Even to my detriment at times.

“Having been out of the game recovering from the double stress fracture, and having spent a lot of time away from team-mates and staff who’d been a part of my life for as long as I could remember, I needed to feel a part of something again.

“I needed to feel like I was playing my part. I’ve read some call me selfish for holding off getting the surgery this season but it was never about putting myself first and that’s how we’ve reached this point, and something, as a 23-year-old, I’ve had to learn the hard way.

“To guarantee I can play this game as long as possible, I need to listen to my body, Everyone has an opinion but no-one knows my body better than me.

“It's hard to describe the feeling of representing your country. Given the choice, no-one would ever turn that down at such a big tournament. As a little boy or girl, you dream of those moments.

"I had been deemed fit for the full season, and given my injuries were being managed, what was another couple of weeks? Managing the pain, I was training well and found a lot of comfort in the England camp after the Europa League final.

"In hindsight, if I had known I wouldn't have played a significant role in the Euros, would I have gone? Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

"Physically, my 100 per cent just wasn't possible. I'm walking away from last season with 36 goal contributions but, more importantly, I'm walking away with lessons learnt. We live and we learn, as they say, but what is never in doubt is my commitment to the club and the national team.

“It's been a hard one but I'm coming back physically and mentally stronger.

“Thank you for all of the kind messages."...
      01-08-2021, 11:55 AM
    • United players are not Covid positive
      by E.S.
      United players are not Covid positive

Statement from MUFC

"After further testing yesterday [Thursday] and today [Friday], we can confirm that there are no positive cases within the first-team group.

"Following consultation with the Premier League, they are satisfied that all COVID protocols have been followed correctly and the squad can return to training immediately.

"Both clubs regret any inconvenience and disappointment caused to fans around the cancellation of Saturday’s friendly. The clubs will now endeavour to find a mutually agreeable date to play each other in the future."
      01-08-2021, 11:53 AM
    • Ole says Telles injured until September
      by E.S.
      Ole says Telles injured until September

"Unfortunately, it's worse news on Alex Telles than we hoped for.

"His ankle injury is a little bit more severe than we hoped and he'll be out for a little spell at least, the whole of August I would think."
      28-07-2021, 05:11 PM
    Working...
    X