The news item is shown below. Red News VIPs can scroll down and enjoy. (VIP is £14.00 a year, includes full access to chat forums + free mag). Otherwise you'll need to click read more.

As a Red News VIP. You see the news all in one go, on one scrollable page with each item show in full without having to click read more, plus being a VIP gives you other benefits too ... access to forums, a free fanzine and more ... http://www.rednews.co.uk/vip.php

"He will not be ready for the group phase of the Champions League,"

"I don't think there will be any chance of that.

"Do we have space in the Champions League list to have him? Yes, we have, so we don't need to leave any player outside the Champions League list. But I'm not thinking with Zlatan to play any part in the group phase. Hopefully, he can play in the knockout phase but, for that, we need to finish [in the] top two."

"I don't want to think about it [naming a date for his return]. I don't even ask, I don't speak with him about it, I don't speak with the medical team about it. I just think he will be an extra man for us in the second part of the season.

"When I say second part of the season, normally we say January, after Christmas, when the transfer window re-opens in January. But I have no idea at all and I think the right way is not even to think about it and just let him do his work, step by step and come back when he's really ready."