The news item is shown below. Red News VIPs can scroll down and enjoy. (VIP is £14.00 a year, includes full access to chat forums + free mag). Otherwise you'll need to click read more.

As a Red News VIP. You see the news all in one go, on one scrollable page with each item show in full without having to click read more, plus being a VIP gives you other benefits too ... access to forums, a free fanzine and more ... http://www.rednews.co.uk/vip.php

"United needed a new striker, defensively had to beef up a little bit and the signing of Nemanja Matic is probably a good one for the club,"

"I think it's always been the case to have big players in the Premier League.

"You play so many matches and so many tough away games. In my time, there was Stoke City and West Ham United, that are never easy games, and you need a little presence in your team.*

"In Holland, and at Ajax, we look at different qualities in players. Many come from the Academy so they are also a little bit younger. I think the average age of the Manchester United team is much higher than at Ajax. That's our philosophy and United have theirs and they want to create a legacy again with Jose Mourinho as manager."