Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.S.
    replied
    Mata says his bicycle kick goal against Liverpool is his favourite MUFC goal

For RedNews to survive into 2021 we're going to need your support, if you can and are able, twice this month. We don't have advertisers, so it's Reds who keep the fanzine alive.

So here's first appeal/request - Whatever happens in next few weeks we will definitely release a double issue RN272/273 combined mag in May. What we need is close to the 350 Reds who buy at OT each month to order it. So today we are starting pre-orders for the double issue RedNews272/273 in May. Our regulars at OT are needed. Or new readers. You help keep the fanzine alive.

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 Print Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...print-may-2020

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 PDF Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...e-pdf-may-2020

This double issue RedNews272/273 will then conclude subscriptions for those who supported the sub campaign last year and mean we can then start afresh with RN274 in July or August.

Every order of this mag you can make, or sub from April 21st will mean we are around in 2021. We realise RedNews will eventually come to an end. But we would hate it to be like this. So thanks all who can help keep up the fight, the voice, and keep fanzine alive. Thanks a lot Reds, there's a lot more important stuff going on, as the most important thing is that you stay safe.

"It has to be the bicycle-kick at Anfield. Not long ago, it was five years to the day. This is still very present in my life, but I would say it’s even more present in fans’ lives. Every time they speak to me, send me a message on social media, or they’re at the training ground and Old Trafford, they always remember that goal. So it has to be that one. Also, the goal in the FA Cup final against Crystal Palace - we were losing and I scored and then Jesse [Lingard] scored, so we won. But if I have to pick one, it has to be at Anfield.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Mata thinks Eden Hazard is the best player the Premier League has ever seen

For RedNews to survive into 2021 we're going to need your support, if you can and are able, twice this month. We don't have advertisers, so it's Reds who keep the fanzine alive.

So here's first appeal/request - Whatever happens in next few weeks we will definitely release a double issue RN272/273 combined mag in May. What we need is close to the 350 Reds who buy at OT each month to order it. So today we are starting pre-orders for the double issue RedNews272/273 in May. Our regulars at OT are needed. Or new readers. You help keep the fanzine alive.

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 Print Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...print-may-2020

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 PDF Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...e-pdf-may-2020

This double issue RedNews272/273 will then conclude subscriptions for those who supported the sub campaign last year and mean we can then start afresh with RN274 in July or August.

Every order of this mag you can make, or sub from April 21st will mean we are around in 2021. We realise RedNews will eventually come to an end. But we would hate it to be like this. So thanks all who can help keep up the fight, the voice, and keep fanzine alive. Thanks a lot Reds, there's a lot more important stuff going on, as the most important thing is that you stay safe.

“The best Premier League player… I mean, I used to love to play with, and against, Eden Hazard. For me, for many years, he was the best in the league. He could win games by himself. I used to train with him and I know how good he can be. He has been very unlucky in his time with Real Madrid with some injuries, but I’m sure he’ll show his real level when he’s fit to do that and he’s not injured. Other than him, we’ve had many players. You can speak about the history of the Premier League and you can maybe put some of my ex-team-mates like Wayne Rooney - he has to be up there. Ryan Giggs has to be up there, and Paul Scholes. My ex-team-mates from Chelsea: [Frank] Lampard, [John] Terry, [Didier] Drogba. It’s very difficult to pick one.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Roy Keane thinks arrogance and quality from Fernandes has lifted the other MUFC players

"We often talk about players taking time to settle at a club - it's not taken him long has it?"

"He seems a very good personality. It's obviously a huge move for him, but he seems to be enjoying it. He's got a little bit of arrogance about him.

"He's brought leadership, but I think he's brought it in a different way," added Keane.

"People talk about leadership in terms of making tackles, but he's just given everyone a lift, and that comes down to his quality."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Gary Neville talks about Leeds United (a team that used to be in the top league many many years ago)

“There was a period when we didn’t have anyone from Yorkshire representing in the Premier League and I think it’s a huge loss.

“Leeds United are a massive football club. Fans were horrible to be honest when we used to go there. With United they were as bad as it gets but the rivalry was a huge one.

“I want to see them back in the Premier League because I do believe football is about rivalries, about competition between fans.

“I would like to have played under Bielsa, he has been fantastic for the game and he would be a brilliant addition to the Premier League, not just Leeds United.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Ex-MUFC Fellaini has left hospital in China ... he had been suffering from the Corona virus but is seemingly over it.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Pogba speaks about Souness and his constant references to Pogba #obsessed

"I didn’t even know who [Souness] was,"

"I heard he was a great player and stuff like that. I don't know the face but the name [I do].

"Like I said I’m not someone that watches a lot of [punditry], I watch a lot of football but I don’t stay after the game to listen to what they say about ‘Why they did this’ or ‘why they did that’.

"I like to focus on football."

"I guess they miss me, I don’t know? I’m not someone that looks at always at Sky News," he added.

"After the games, when I watch it again I watch the game, not the comments. When you know football, you don’t need someone to tell you what’s happening.

"Obviously what I hear when people are saying ‘Paul is doing this…Paul…Paul’ I don’t know. ‘One day maybe I will meet them [the critics] and ask them because I really want to know why.

"I am doing my recovery, I can be somewhere else and I hear something but I’m just doing my recovery, you know?’ If they want to speak they are allowed to speak, it’s their job to speak.

"I am used to it now. I am really used to it, it doesn’t bother me. It’s good to hear good stuff instead of bad stuff but when you play football, you know yourself. It’s what your manager and team-mates want, the rest is just talk. It’s selling stuff I think."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Pogba speaks about his mum

“My mother always told me: ‘You will go somewhere but come back’,”

“She always said this. I was like: ‘We will see’ but you know mothers, and the things she said: ‘You will come back here, don’t worry’ and that was just after. She said: 'You will come back to Manchester, don’t worry', and I did.

“When I came back, I was really happy to come back. I left it and didn’t finish. I started something but I didn’t finish, I just went somewhere else. Obviously, coming back to where I started was, for me, why I was really happy. Now, I was ready to come as a confirmed player, not a youth player.”

“My parents came from Africa to get to France and worked hard for me,” he explained. “I think, as a kid, you don’t really know but [with] my mum, there used to be five in the house, and it’s hard for a mother. You have to feed them and have to be there for them and everything. She works hard to help us, you know.

“For us, so we have everything, because of her, so I have to work 10 times harder and it’s something I always have in my mind. My dad as well. To be the best, the first, to always want more.

“When you have a dream, just go for it. A dream is free. You wake up after a dream but, at least when you dream, you can dream as big as you want. You still dream and want to achieve it. What my goals are, I always want more, we can always learn at this age or 10 or even 40 or 50. You will always learn something. I love to learn new things. I love to try things and stuff.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    started a topic Red News 14th April 2020

Red News 14th April 2020

Pogba learnt from Pirlo and Scholes

“You learn a lot and you look at them,”

“I really learned and have been learning. It was unbelievable for me, seeing them training like that, and it pushed me.

“Okay, I have to work hard and have a lot more to do. Pirlo and Scholes, those are midfielders who control the game, the players to look at, and I learned from them, a lot.”

“I started as a striker and then a no.10 and then a no.6,” he adds. “Thank God, I didn’t go to centre-back! It was because I wanted to touch the ball too much.

”I was the striker and dropping too much, so one coach told me: ‘Okay, play the no.10 and touch the ball more’. I still loved the ball too much and had too many touches so he put me at no.6.“

Working...
X