Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.S.
    replied
    ex-MUFC John O'Shea talks about his move into coaching and the studying he is doing for it

For RedNews to survive into 2021 we're going to need your support, if you can and are able, twice this month. We don't have advertisers, so it's Reds who keep the fanzine alive.

So here's first appeal/request - Whatever happens in next few weeks we will definitely release a double issue RN272/273 combined mag in May. What we need is close to the 350 Reds who buy at OT each month to order it. So today we are starting pre-orders for the double issue RedNews272/273 in May. Our regulars at OT are needed. Or new readers. You help keep the fanzine alive.

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 Print Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...print-may-2020

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 PDF Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...e-pdf-may-2020

This double issue RedNews272/273 will then conclude subscriptions for those who supported the sub campaign last year and mean we can then start afresh with RN274 in July or August.

Every order of this mag you can make, or sub from April 21st will mean we are around in 2021. We realise RedNews will eventually come to an end. But we would hate it to be like this. So thanks all who can help keep up the fight, the voice, and keep fanzine alive. Thanks a lot Reds, there's a lot more important stuff going on, as the most important thing is that you stay safe.

“I remember we were in Dublin for the first block of the UEFA B Licence and we had the players from the FAS-ETB course with us. They were great players to have as a lot of them were involved with League of Ireland teams, but you felt the butterflies in your stomach when starting out,”

“In the first few days, everyone was nervous but you could see the confidence grow in the players and also in ourselves in the way that we spoke to the players. When I was asked by Colin O’Brien, who was tutor, to put on that first session – knowing that he will be marking you and giving you feedback – it was definitely daunting.”

“Once I started hitting my 30s, I was planning for this scenario. I started my UEFA B & A Licence and it was important that I did it with the FAI, to do it back home,”

“This is a continuation of it now. I’ve been doing the UEFA Masters course and that has given me an insight to the business side of football with blocks on communication, marketing, the framework of competitions, etc. Now, the UEFA Pro Licence will help me get into management & coaching side of things.

“The path that I want to take to get into management is through coaching, as it’s something that I really enjoy. Putting your ideas across to players, watching them train initially, see how they take it on-board, and working with them on it.

“At Reading, I’m working with two very experienced people in Mark Bowen & Eddie Niedzwiecki, while I’ve picked up a lot from various coaches & managers who I worked with during my playing career, both at club level and internationally. So I hope that I can take those experiences and add to them.”

“It came about very quickly. [the chance to coach with Ireland u21s] I spoke to a lot of people about Jim (Crawford) and then spoke to Jim. We got on great and it has moved on very quickly since then.

“One of the team’s analysts set me up on Hudl so I can watch some of the games, track the players to see how they are doing at their clubs, and look at the younger players who might be able to push up a level. I had seen some of the games already but being able to see everything is great so I can prepare for our games to come.

“There is great work going on with the underage Ireland teams, so hopefully we can continue that on and qualify with the U21s for the Euros. There are some tough games to come but with a new coaching team in place everyone is very excited by it. They are also competitive games from the off, which means the adrenaline will be flowing straight away.

“It will be challenging, but getting the chance to work with Jim is fantastic. They are a great group of players, some of them I would recognise as I spoke to Tom Mohan’s U19s squad ahead of them going to the Euros last summer – they had some talented kids in that group. Now I’ll get to work with some of them but, ultimately, it is all about helping Ireland to do well.”

“You see some of the people who have graduated from the Pro Licence before and what they have done in their careers so it’s exciting to be part of that,”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    West Ham player Declan Rice doesn't understand people "hating on Pogba"

For RedNews to survive into 2021 we're going to need your support, if you can and are able, twice this month. We don't have advertisers, so it's Reds who keep the fanzine alive.

So here's first appeal/request - Whatever happens in next few weeks we will definitely release a double issue RN272/273 combined mag in May. What we need is close to the 350 Reds who buy at OT each month to order it. So today we are starting pre-orders for the double issue RedNews272/273 in May. Our regulars at OT are needed. Or new readers. You help keep the fanzine alive.

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 Print Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...print-may-2020

RedNews 272/273 Double Edition in May 2020 PDF Edition pre-order at https://rednews.bigcartel.com/produc...e-pdf-may-2020

This double issue RedNews272/273 will then conclude subscriptions for those who supported the sub campaign last year and mean we can then start afresh with RN274 in July or August.

Every order of this mag you can make, or sub from April 21st will mean we are around in 2021. We realise RedNews will eventually come to an end. But we would hate it to be like this. So thanks all who can help keep up the fight, the voice, and keep fanzine alive. Thanks a lot Reds, there's a lot more important stuff going on, as the most important thing is that you stay safe.

"Why do people hate on Pogba? Don’t make any sense,"

"The guy is ridiculous, one of the best in the world. You think he wants to be injured?

"Some things in football you can’t prevent."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    David Moyes remembers the transfers that nearly (but didn't) happen in his time at MUFC

“Toni Kroos would certainly be the one,”

“At that time we were very much after Gareth Bale and Cesc Fabregas.

“But I’ve got to say prior to that, at Everton, we were really close to a lot of good players. We just couldn’t quite get them over the line on several occasions.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    David Moyes “I’ll never be regretful for joining Man United or doing what I’ve done"

“I think I’ll always look back and regret leaving Everton because of the team and the players I had built at that time,”

“But I’ll never be regretful for joining Man United or doing what I’ve done.

“I’ve got to say every club I’ve been at has been great. Every club.

“Man United, Sunderland, have shown me different things. [I’ve] experienced different parts of it and I think that’s why now, when you get to this stage at this level, I think you’re in a better position to manage.

“I think when you’ve got over 900 hundred games under your belt, the majority of them in the Premier League, I think it gives you that experience of working at that level and working with different players.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Wan-Bissaka says Rashford is a nightmare to train against

"He's just so unpredictable. When I first joined United and came up against him in training, he was doing things that I just really didn't expect.

"I thought he'd go a certain way and he'd go the other way, or I thought he was about to do one thing and he did another, so he's really tricky to play against.

"I enjoy that though. It has been really good for my own development to test myself against him and the other attackers we have at the club."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    For RedNews to survive into 2021 we're going to need your support, if you can and are able, twice this month.

We will launch our subscription campaign for next season/year on April 21st, our 33rd b'day.

We don't have advertisers, so it's Reds who keep the fanzine alive.

So here's first appeal/request (rt's appreciated)...

Whatever happens in next few weeks we will definitely release a double issue RN272/273 combined mag in May.

We already have Ex-player interviews.

What we need is close to the 350 Reds who buy at OT each month to order it.

So today we are starting pre-orders for the double issue RedNews272/273 in May.

Our regulars at OT are needed. Or new readers.

You help keep the fanzine alive.

Every order of this mag you can make, or sub from April 21st will mean we are around in 2021.

I realise RedNews will eventually come to an end. But I would hate it to be like this.

So thanks all who can help keep up the fight, the voice, and keep fanzine alive.

Thanks a lot Reds, there's a lot more important stuff going on, as the most important thing is that you stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Gary Neville picks out his top 3 MUFC goals scored when he was playing for MUFC

"Do you know something? The David Beckham one from the halfway line was an unbelievable goal. The Cristiano header at Roma away is one of the best things I’ve ever seen. The leap from the edge of the box and heading it on the penalty spot. I think the Giggsy goal, though, in that semi-final is probably the one that to this day still gives me goosebumps. That goal in that match"

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Quinton Fortune sends a message to reds via t'official site

“I just wanted to say to you guys that I know it is not an easy time, being isolated in the house, but still we have to be grateful and that is one of the things that I really wanted to speak about, having gratitude and waking up with gratitude every morning. Once you have that in your mind and your heart, then everything else will take of itself.

“We are still able to come outside for exercise to stretch our legs. If I may give you guys advice, use this time to read. I am very fortunate that I now get to spend some time with my family and my kids especially, as when we go back to training the hours are long. I get to Facetime my mum, which I probably wasn't doing enough before, so all of these little things have come out by being at home.

“Use your time wisely and read a lot. I know we spend a lot of time on social media, which I understand, I am guilty of that myself, but I try to make a conscious decision not to spend so much time on there, by reading. Exercise is very important as well. Eat good food, healthy good, drink a lot of water. If you use meditation then use that. I try to pray, I am not the best, I need to pray more, but if I can give you guys some advice then just approach every day with gratitude.

“I have just spoken to my brother now in South Africa and things are really difficult there, because they are on lockdown and are not even allowed to leave the house. The people there have no food to eat. We are still very fortunate where we can order food online and go to the shop.

“There, people are in a really difficult situation so think of others, think of all of the doctors and nurses of the NHS, the amazing work they are doing, all of the doctors and nurses around the world, they are doing amazing world. So, just be grateful with every opportunity that we have in life.
    “That is my advice for you guys. Thank you.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Steven Gerrard says nice things about Roy Keane

“He was a top player,”

I don’t think you appreciated how good he was until you were up against him.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Darren Fletcher is now a MUFC ambassador?

The M.E.N. are saying Darren Fletcher has returned to Old Trafford to become an ambassador for the club

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Harry Maguire says players can keep themselves fit during the lockdown

"We're doing a bit of both individual and group work, we're trying to meet on a conference call every now and then, maybe do some sort of a core circuit or hamstring circuit, but mainly the fitness sessions they've been sending them over, cardio, whether on a bike or outside or on a treadmill.

"We're trying to do our bit, there's not much else to do other than get your hour of exercise in a day, so there's not much excuse for the lads in terms of not keeping themselves fit.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Harry Maguire is asked about football's response to the pandemic and lockdown

"I think first and foremost every club will be different. I'm having weekly discussion with the club about how we want to go forward and monitor it, that's as much as we can say on behalf of our club, we will continue to evaluate and monitor it weekly.

"I'm sure every week we will evaluate, see where we're at, and see if we need to do anything regarding deferrals or wage cuts. Every club will be different, have different circumstances, and I'm sure each captain will be speaking on behalf of their clubs on that."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    For RedNews to survive into 2021 we're going to need your support, if you can and are able, twice this month.

We will launch our subscription campaign for next season/year on April 21st, our 33rd b'day.

We don't have advertisers, so it's Reds who keep the fanzine alive.

So here's first appeal/request ...

Whatever happens in next few weeks we will definitely release a double issue RN272/273 combined mag in May.

We already have Ex-player interviews.

What we need is close to the 350 Reds who buy at OT each month to order it.

So today we are starting pre-orders for the double issue RedNews272/273 in May.

Our regulars at OT are needed. Or new readers.

You help keep the fanzine alive.

Every order of this mag you can make, or sub from April 21st will mean we are around in 2021.

I realise RedNews will eventually come to an end. But I would hate it to be like this.

So thanks all who can help keep up the fight, the voice, and keep fanzine alive.

Thanks a lot Reds, there's a lot more important stuff going on, as the most important thing is that you stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Fernandes talks through that free kick goal v city

“It was not a plan. Everyone knows against Everton we did the same. Against Watford, if I'm not mistaken, we did the same. Against Watford, Anto [Martial] let the ball slide – it's not my fault! Against Everton, it was my bad ball, [which] was not really good. I needed to put the ball more inside of the box, more in the direction of the goal. So it was one of those things: when you are in the pitch, you know your team-mates when you look at them. It's like a pass. You look at him, and you feel something. You feel, [and] it goes. So in the free-kick, I start talking with Fred, because normally we talk [about who'll take]. There were eight in the area and the left foot [delivery] was better for us, for attacking the ball. I started talking, and I already saw Anthony look at me. He looks at me, I look at him, I feel he wants the same as me. So you go off feelings, you know? Maybe I will put the ball in sometimes and Anto doesn't go. In that moment, I talked with Fred, and I talked like: 'Okay, Fred, you go.’ So if someone of Manchester City listens [they think] I've told Fred to go and they can relax. For example, in the wall was [Sergio] Aguero, on the other side [Ilkay] Gundogan I think. Maybe when they saw Fred going back and me on the ball, they think: okay, Fred goes [to take the kick]. And they relax a bit. I started to look at the edge [of the area] and [motioned] 'Go second post, go second post. In the moment that the referee whistled, I feel Anto is just ready and think: 'I go now.’ I had the right time; it was a perfect ball, it was a perfect finish. It was everything in the right time, you know?

"But sometimes, we will miss! We will miss, but we need to try, because it was a difficult ball, but I try and we scored. And you need to try, you need to improve. Maybe the next one I do like that the defender takes the ball and goes to counter, and it's a difficult situation for us because our defenders are up in the area for the cross. So you need to take some risks in the game, because the game is risk. If you don't risk, normally... If you saw most parts of the games, when you take a goal, it's from a mistake. It doesn't matter if the mistake was from two minutes ago, or not – it was a mistake, because you lose the ball. Normally, you lose the ball, or you do a foul and a free-kick, or a penalty. It's always a mistake. A mistake is not always your fault, no. Mistakes happen in football, it's normal. Every game you have a lot of mistakes from everyone.

"So we, Manchester United need to improve, to try. I know if I put the right ball in, Anto can score. So I just think on this. I just think: I need to put the right ball in because I know Anto can score. And maybe Anto doesn't score – for me it doesn't matter, because I know in the next time Anto will score. Anto or Mason [Greenwood], or Dan [James], or [Odion] Ighalo, or Rash [Marcus Rashford] when he's back. Everyone can score. You need to feel that positive energy, because I know also – if I try this ball – Anto knows this is a difficult ball. ‘I need to give my best.’ So he will shoot the best way he can. You just need to keep improving, and keep trying.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Fernandes wants to win and wants player in the team who want the same

"I want to win everything. I'm hungry to win everything. I told this before in some interviews. I came to Manchester to win, to win titles, league, Champions League, everything. We know the potential Manchester have, because we are a young team, young players, but we've a lot of quality. Doesn't matter if we're young and the others have more experience than us because we have also experienced players who can help the youngest. The mix we have now and in the future, I don't know what will happen in the next season, of course Manchester is a big club and normally they buy someone because you are a big club and everyone wants to come here. It's easy for Manchester and I hope to build a big team, you know? We already have a big team, but whoever comes needs to come to win. Just to focus to win, I want people hungry for titles and everything. I feel this now in the group, everyone wants to win. For example, Juan Mata. He's won, if not everything, then most things, and I feel on him he wants more. He wants more. When you feel this from players like Juan who won the World Cup, the Euros, the Champions League - if I’m not mistaken - a lot of things you know. When you feel he wants more, you want more also. It's good for you.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X