“I went to see him (Moyes). There were different things going on at the time, different issues, and he gave me his honest opinion. He felt I had lost a bit of aggression – which I was asked to do [by Fergie], by the way. He said he wanted me to find that aggression back. I thought about it a lot. It wasn’t really me. Maybe there are times when you have to try to lift the crowd with a tackle – not a stupid one, obviously, but a run back and a tackle can lift the fans and even turn a game round. Everything got blown up, though, after the sending off against Montenegro. Before that, my record in terms of discipline and bookings wasn’t that bad. Then it was blown up and I was asked to stop thatI want to do well. I know that if I play well, the team will play well. And I feel great, better than I have for years. I’m ready for this tournament. I’ve had time to prepare with the team. I’ve gone into previous tournaments with little niggles or different things, but I’ve not missed a session this time.”