Predictions, hopes and fears for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions, hopes and fears for the season

Surely about time this annual thread started?

Regular readers will know how my own hope as a 'base camp' scenario each season is that United finish above Liverpool. That's it - anything else is a bonus. Younger fans may think this a sad obsession, but just bear in mind that I went from age 8 until age 32 without that happening. The scars last a lifetime.

The last time United finished above Liverpool without Fergie at the helm was 1967/68 season. So if Moyes can pull that off alone, it will be quite something to be proud of.

I hope we play great football, regularly, and win.
    I expect we will be up and down, lose more than usual, have to fend off loads of flak, but still have a decent season.
    I hope we can make a decent attempt at one of the Cups, preferably the FA Cup.
    I have no idea whatsoever to expect in Europe - hence am looking forward the the group stages being better than the snooze-fest they have been in recent years!

So take a deep breath everyone - get ready to jump off the cliff. And remember, it's just a game

I'll answer this after the fucking window has closed!

Comment

Originally posted by steviecoppellonthewing
      I'll answer this after the fucking window has closed!
      Mine are closed already, it's not that warm tonight!

Comment

Think we will have pretty good season and win the FA cup and finish second behind Chelsea. There is still a few weeks to go but have lost faith in signing a good midfielder (Fabregas). I'm not pessimistic and maybe we can surprise the football world ( uh..England) by winning the double.

Comment

i predict that at times this season our faith in Moyes will be tested
          i fear that we will see knee jerk reaction in the stands
          i hope that we are better than other teams supporters and give the guy time

as for any thoughts on how we will actually get on ... rather leave that till a few games into the season ... let's see where we are actually at first
          Red News :
          The Fanzine (Print) - Subscription - http://www.rednews.co.uk/subscription.php
          The Fanzine (Digital) - Via iTunes (search 'Red News Fanzine') -
          The Fanzine (Digital) - On Kindle http://www.amazon.co.uk/Barney/e/B009N4YJ0Q/
          The Fanzine (Digital) - On iphone/itouch/ipad/smartphone http://www.rednews.co.uk/subscription.php
          The Fanzine (Digital) - On web/iphone/ipad and for android www.exacteditions.com/rednews
          The Website VIP member access - News on one page, all the VIP Forums AND a free mag http://www.rednews.co.uk/vip.php
          The shop - Unique MUFC themed items - at http://rednews.bigcartel.com
          Twitter - Tweets of red wisdom from the sodden Red News editor. @barneyrednews - Stats on MUFC history, coming games & more via @rednewsstats
          Facebook - News, photo's, vid's, mischeviousness and more ... all red ... at www.facebook.com/RedNewsFanzine ...
          Google+ (Search RedNewsFanzine)
          Red News : Helping us to keep proving a news service and fanzine - Kind hearted souls donations gratefully received http://www.rednews.co.uk/support-red-news.php - or use links to well known companies http://www.rednews.co.uk/support-red-news.php

The video on what Red News is all about ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XngwtoJFljc

Comment

Can't wait for the season to start now. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by Moyes' boys and hope he gets off to a flier.

Comment

If we fail to add a proper CM in the next week, I think we'll get off to our usual low key start. Probably drawing away to Swansea. They are already well ahead of us fitness wise having played in the Europa league.

We then have some really tough games against big rivals, both historically speaking (i.e. the scousers) and in terms of the title, City, Chelsea. Can see us having about 4 points from our first 5 games. Cue tabloid Armageddon.

Now before you throw me off the forum for doom lording I then think we will have a good run of results as Moyes finds a formation and style that suits the players he has and we'll put up a decent defence of the title.

May be too much to expect us to win it in Moyes' first season but much will depend upon whether we get some nice surprises from Woowar in the next week or so.

Comment

Fear is a poor start that will heap pressure on Moyes where Fergie had established some credit. That's where the senior players will come in, keeping the squad calm in the face of the media pouncing on any sign. And the support at OTneeds to play its part.

Hope is that we are thereabouts domestically with some football that gets folk off their arses (for that reason alone I'd love to see Ronaldo back).

Prediction is that anyone will do well to finish above Chelsea (a team including Rooney which will make that harder ro swallow), but I've got a feeling we'll get a decent run in Europe (getting to that time when the CL draw gets me more excited than the transfer window shite).

Looking forward to Sunday now, if nothing else to get to a game rather than the endless speculation about ins and outs.
                RN Champion Tipster 2013

Comment

Right now, with no additions to the squad and a dis-enchanted or sold Rooney, I'd take top four. Don't expect us to win a trophy.

Comment

I feel sorry for moyes right now.

He's got the toughest start I can remember.
                    He's not got any players in yet.
                    He's got a striker arsing about.
                    He's got some fans that can't wait to stick the boot in.
                    He's got press dying to stick the boot in.

I hope for his sake that we have a player or two in and the Rooney situation resolved by the weekend ir every interview is going to be awkward for him. But there's no way I can see anything happening by then.

Comment

Originally posted by The Galway Red
                      Right now, with no additions to the squad and a dis-enchanted or sold Rooney, I'd take top four. Don't expect us to win a trophy.
                      About right me thinks, 3rd or 4th, depends if Arsenal get Suarez. Don't expect any serious silverware first year.

Comment

Win the fa cup and top three

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper
                          I feel sorry for moyes right now.

He's got the toughest start I can remember.
                          He's not got any players in yet.
                          He's got a striker arsing about.
                          He's got some fans that can't wait to stick the boot in.
                          He's got press dying to stick the boot in.

I hope for his sake that we have a player or two in and the Rooney situation resolved by the weekend ir every interview is going to be awkward for him. But there's no way I can see anything happening by then.
                          What Jasper said. I also hope a few of the kids get a decent look in this season and Bebe is put out of his misery.
                          "My fondest memory of him is his passport picture - it was a Panini sticker of himself. He was a legend."
                          Reading defender Michael Duberry on former team-mate Mark Hughes.

Comment

Nice opening post RL

No chance we won't finish top 4
                            Tough start could mean we finish 3rd at best
                            2 big names needed to give squad, fans and new manager a boost, as well putting the fear into opponents who believe we will not be a force this year.
                            With or without Fergie, right Utd off at our peril!
                            "We were really at them. They didn't know what to do" Wayne Rooney 27/1/10

Comment

Top 4 will do me....and some of the glory hunting, half n half scarvers to fuck off
                              I see the Stretford End arising
                              I see there's trouble on the way
                              Don't go out tonight
                              Unless you're red and white
                              I see there's trouble on the way

Comment

Working...
                              X