Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jasper
    I feel sorry for moyes right now.

He's got the toughest start I can remember.
    He's not got any players in yet.
    He's got a striker arsing about.
    He's got some fans that can't wait to stick the boot in.
    He's got press dying to stick the boot in.

I hope for his sake that we have a player or two in and the Rooney situation resolved by the weekend ir every interview is going to be awkward for him. But there's no way I can see anything happening by then.
    This

Comment

I think city and Chelsea will battle it out for the title and we'll be in competition with Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool for a top four place. We've got a difficult start and should that go pear shaped I can see the media slaughtering Moyes and our support, many of whom have appeared in the glory years, will be calling for his head. The club have made it hard for Moyes by not going out and splashing out on some top players, all summer we've been given false hope. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I fear for us this season and SAF's true greatness was proved last season because I don't think any other manager would of won the league with that team.

Comment

My hope for the season is that Vidic manages to stay fit most of the time. Being without him for any extended period this season will be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by nsexec
          I think city and Chelsea will battle it out for the title and we'll be in competition with Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool for a top four place. We've got a difficult start and should that go pear shaped I can see the media slaughtering Moyes and our support, many of whom have appeared in the glory years, will be calling for his head. The club have made it hard for Moyes by not going out and splashing out on some top players, all summer we've been given false hope. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I fear for us this season and SAF's true greatness was proved last season because I don't think any other manager would of won the league with that team.
          To be far to Moyes I think he is one of the best managers at getting the most form his players. In recent times the Everton squad has been prettry thin and lacked quaility but has done welll considerign the other squads in the league.

Comment

As things stand, and assuming Rooney leaves and we bring in Fellani or an equivalent (i.e. not Fabregas)...

Hopes: Win the PL and a decent run in CL. One of the youngsters to break through. Welbeck to score 10+!

Prediction: Maybe win the FA or League cup, finish 2nd/3rd and never really be in the title race.

Fears: Losing the league on goal diff in the 93rd minute of the final game of the season.

Comment

I'm surprised at so many saying top 4. Why have the expectations dropped amongst fans?

I think chelsea will be there at the top. City, with a new manager, remains to be seen just how well they will do. I don't know enough about their new strikers but from what I have seen they don't look like world beaters. So alot relies on aguero staying fit and dzeko scoring. They will miss tevez badly in the tight games.

We have a tough start and that could define our season. But we still have a strong team who have just won the league by early april!

Carrick is key. Which is why I think we need some help in there for him. Zaha looks a great addition. The Rooney factor could be key too.

Keep him or sell him abroad and replace him and we'll be right up there.
              Sell him to chelsea and we're fighting for 2nd.

Fighting for top 4 with arsenal, spurs and liverpool? Not a fucking chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasper
                I'm surprised at so many saying top 4. Why have the expectations dropped amongst fans?

I think chelsea will be there at the top. City, with a new manager, remains to be seen just how well they will do. I don't know enough about their new strikers but from what I have seen they don't look like world beaters. So alot relies on aguero staying fit and dzeko scoring. They will miss tevez badly in the tight games.

We have a tough start and that could define our season. But we still have a strong team who have just won the league by early april!

Carrick is key. Which is why I think we need some help in there for him. Zaha looks a great addition. The Rooney factor could be key too.

Keep him or sell him abroad and replace him and we'll be right up there.
                Sell him to chelsea and we're fighting for 2nd.

Fighting for top 4 with arsenal, spurs and liverpool? Not a fucking chance!
                I agree in general. My guess is that people are basing their predictions based on the summer so far. As things stand we look like we will weaken the squad, whilst others have arguably strengthened. Take out the Fergie factor, and it could be tougher than previous years. But it not easy - not even Fergie could win it every year!

Saying that, a couple of decent signings and I agree, we'll be in the hunt for the league.

Comment

Good flowing football, a tough never say die spirit. Squad togetherness. Rooney watching from the stands every week.

Then let's see where we end up.

Comment

Add this to the poll thread and we don't half have some miserable morbid feckers on here!

DDG

Rafael
                    Rio
                    Vidic
                    Evra

Carrick
                    Cleverley
                    Kagawa

Zaha
                    Nani
                    RVP

Subs...
                    Lindergaard, Fabio, jones, Smalling, Evans, Buttner, Ando, Pea, Roo?, Giggs, Welbeck, Valencia, young and the youth coming thru!

That's a full team on the bench that would beat atleast half the prem teams and don't forget we won the league last season easily.

I tell you something...

A lot of you peeps, you don't deserve Utd!

Comment

Working...
                    X