Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dippers on Sunday (and now also the official Liverpool match talk/coverage thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dippers on Sunday (and now also the official Liverpool match talk/coverage thread)

It's a week off and my nerves are already going. I say this every time we play them but I'd really fuckin love us to de-rail this scouse giddiness. Here's a few reasons why 3 points would feel particularly sweet and what is not right in the world at the minute:
    -The words 'title' and 'Liverpool' are being used in the same sentence. It makes me feel ill.
    - The smug twat Rogers believing his Alan partridge road show is optimum management,
    - That buck tooth prick somehow thinking that racism is forgotten by him knocking in a few goals,
    - The thought of Stevie Me picking up the trophy.
    These are but a few. We may have fuck all to play for this season but we can certainly throw a spanner in the works for our local rivals. We always seem to miss the chance of dicking them when we've been flying and they've been mediocre at best. Maybe it takes a reversal to bring out our best!

Originally posted by 20_and_counting
    It's a week off and my nerves are already going. I say this every time we play them but I'd really fuckin love us to de-rail this scouse giddiness. Here's a few reasons why 3 points would feel particularly sweet and what is not right in the world at the minute:
    -The words 'title' and 'Liverpool' are being used in the same sentence. It makes me feel ill.
    - The smug twat Rogers believing his Alan partridge road show is optimum management,
    - That buck tooth prick somehow thinking that racism is forgotten by him knocking in a few goals,
    - The thought of Stevie Me picking up the trophy.
    These are but a few. We may have fuck all to play for this season but we can certainly throw a spanner in the works for our local rivals. We always seem to miss the chance of dicking them when we've been flying and they've been mediocre at best. Maybe it takes a reversal to bring out our best!
    They've been mediocre at best? Granted their defending raises eyebrows but are you blind?

Comment

Originally posted by mufc-for-life
      They've been mediocre at best? Granted their defending raises eyebrows but are you blind?

I don't think he means that they have been mediocre this season, I think he means that in past seasons, when we have been playing at or close to the top of our game, we still haven't given them a proper dicking, even though up until this season they have been, at best, very average.

Just a couple more seasons without a title is all I ask for, exorcise the ghost of 26 that they used to love to ram down our throats. Of course I hope I never see them win the title again, but for now, I'll settle for them surpassing our 26 years.
      And we would go on as though nothing was wrong.
      And hide from these days we remained all alone.
      Staying in the same place, just staying out the time.
      Touching from a distance,
      Further all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunter1969
        I don't think he means that they have been mediocre this season, I think he means that in past seasons, when we have been playing at or close to the top of our game, we still haven't given them a proper dicking, even though up until this season they have been, at best, very average.

Just a couple more seasons without a title is all I ask for, exorcise the ghost of 26 that they used to love to ram down our throats. Of course I hope I never see them win the title again, but for now, I'll settle for them surpassing our 26 years.
        Yes, my apologies for reading it wrong.

Comment

My Mrs is going away for the day. She doesnt want to be around

Comment

I'm playing golf.

Comment

Our weak displays, for the most part, against Liverpool were a continuing disappointment during the last few years of SAF's reign. For some reason we have often been unwilling to go at them, playing as if they were the better side, backing away and hoping to pick them off.

Looking at DM's tactics so far this season it's hard to see this changing. His Everton team often promised a lot but always crumbled against Liverpool.

After a decent result against WBA suddenly everyone's optimistic again. But this is a real test of DM's intentions and tactics. The team he picks will be fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Moon
                Our weak displays, for the most part, against Liverpool were a continuing disappointment during the last few years of SAF's reign. For some reason we have often been unwilling to go at them, playing as if they were the better side, backing away and hoping to pick them off.

Looking at DM's tactics so far this season it's hard to see this changing. His Everton team often promised a lot but always crumbled against Liverpool.

After a decent result against WBA suddenly everyone's optimistic again. But this is a real test of DM's intentions and tactics. The team he picks will be fascinating.
                Same as sat will do me
                "We were really at them. They didn't know what to do" Wayne Rooney 27/1/10

Comment

Originally posted by Brennan
                  Same as sat will do me
                  Me too.

Having said that, I missed the game at Anfield, but did we not dominate possession (despite having virtually no meaningful attacks)?
                  Youse really are all fuckin idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by Esquilax
                    Me too.

Having said that, I missed the game at Anfield, but did we not dominate possession (despite having virtually no meaningful attacks)?
                    i thought it was our best performance there in years funny enough

Comment

Originally posted by Esquilax
                      Me too.

Yeah we did well. Looked confident on the ball all over the pitch, more so than recent months that's for sure. Just like most of the season, that killer instinct in front of goal was missing.

Young with a shocking clearance from left back position cost us the goal. That's why I'm a firm believer that square pegs don't fit in round holes, a right footer on the left wing??? No thanks.
                      "We were really at them. They didn't know what to do" Wayne Rooney 27/1/10

Comment

OK, Saurez is a twat but a world class twat and Gerrard is scouse through and through but you have to say can turn the class on. However I think we will do them 3-1. I just feel it in my bones. I really hope we can use the run in to do the dirties and the bitters and despite no CL next season really feel we turned the corner especially with hopefully some decent recruits arriving in the summer...

Comment

If we play the same team that we played on Sat, we'll beat them. 2-1. We have to score first though. And go 2 up.

Comment

Same team as Saturday but with Danny in for Januzaj.

Comment

Originally posted by buttevant_red
                              Same team as Saturday but with Danny in for Januzaj.
                              Why?
                              Youse really are all fuckin idiots!

Comment

Working...
                              X