Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.S.
    replied
    [25] Moyes on the use of Mata in different positions - why thats been done and how Mata can improve on his contribution
    Posted on 24/03/2014 17:35:56 GMT
    "Mata came here to play two or three positions. We knew that. You’re never going to go through a season with no injuries. I mentioned that in one of my early press conferences, that players would get injured and you won’t always have Wayne Rooney or Robin van Persie fit for every game.

"That’s why you need a squad of players and Juan has come in and played well. He played very well on Saturday – he’s done well in all the games but, on Saturday, he was closer to scoring himself and maybe should have done on a couple of occasions."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [24] David Moyes on the squad players putting in a decent performance and not being surprised by their ability
    Posted on 24/03/2014 17:33:56 GMT
    “In the last couple of games, a lot of the players have stepped up to the plate and performed. But I’m not surprised by that at all – that’s what they’re capable of and I’ve been saying that all year. We have a good squad with good players – we maybe haven’t played as well as we should have, but I think we have those capabilities within the squad.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [15] Buttner has seen Rooney bang in the goals in training like he did against West Ham
    Posted on 24/03/2014 12:04:46 GMT
    “He scores a lot of goals like that in training,”

“He scores unbelievable goals all the time, not just in matches. Still, even though you know he’s capable of it you don’t expect what we saw [at West Ham]. It was brilliant… unbelievable.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [12] Buttner on how he feels after playing for MUFC again
    Posted on 24/03/2014 12:01:54 GMT
    “It was a good feeling. It’s a long time since I played a game so it was good for me to play today. I feel good"

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [11] Buttner on his aim against West Ham and whether he succeeded
    Posted on 24/03/2014 12:01:12 GMT
    “I think defensively I did well. I didn’t lose any one-against-ones. For me, that was the thing I wanted to focus on - my defending – and I think I did a good job.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [9] Buttner on the guy who really helps him at MUFC ... Patrice Evra
    Posted on 24/03/2014 11:57:53 GMT
    “I don’t know if people saw this, but before the game at West Ham, Patrice spoke with me for about five minutes on the pitch. He helped me a lot.

“It’s not like he was hoping I wouldn’t do well. He helps me every day and I appreciate that. He’s been in football for many years and I’ve only been here for two years. In England the football is difficult and Patrice has helped me a lot.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [28] Fletcher thinks Mata has a nice touch ... and yes he's talking about on the football pitch (we hope!)
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:27:12 GMT
    "Some of Juan's touches were fantastic,"

"He pulled one out of the sky in the first half that was sublime"

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [27] Fletcher thinks when you play Mata in the right way you get to enjoy the benefits
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:26:09 GMT
    "[Behind the forward] is Juan's natural position, he likes playing in there. And with the likes of Wayne running in behind defenders, he'll [Mata] always look to find him. We had great movement going forward and pace in the wide areas. People have been wanting to see that and it was there today."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [26] Fletcher thought Carrick played very well, even if his team-mates had to help cover his weaknesses !
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:25:27 GMT
    "He was fantastic,"

"Michael's biggest strength is that he reads the game fantastically. He knew that at times he wasn't going to win challenges, but it's what you do [to compensate]. You pick up the second ball and you read it. I thought he did so well and I wouldn't have expected anything less from the fantastic player that he is."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [19] West Ham's James Tomkins on a dissapointing day for West Ham
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:15:04 GMT
    "We're obviously disappointed, because the side that Manchester United put out was a team that we could have made the most of on Saturday.

"Unfortunately, their qualities have obviously shown again with the two goals. The second one's unfortunate and the first is a great goal. We look at it ourselves as being a disappointing day."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [18] Tomkins on getting a bit of a nudge from Rooney that gave Wayne space to score that volley
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:14:00 GMT
    "I felt I got nudged,"

"It's one of those that you've seen given. It could have gone either way I suppose, but having seen it back, it could have been given. Adrian's not expecting it and it's a one-in-a-million shot. With a player of his ability you can be punished in this game."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [17] Tomkins on a 2nd goal for MUFC that came at the wrong time for West Ham
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:12:52 GMT
    "We started OK and they didn't look like scoring. Then they popped up with a worldy goal and that can kill you. That [swing in] momentum just killed us. Nobes [Noble] has gone to clear the ball and the chances of it hitting Rooney and going in the back of the net was just our luck on Saturday.

"Coming in 2-0 down is always a hard thing to come back from against a team like Manchester United. We had a mountain to climb in the second and we tried to give it a go.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [16] Tomkins on a the ball and decisions not going for them, but being happy to look forward not backward (or something)
    Posted on 23/03/2014 18:10:41 GMT
    "We were a bit unlucky with a few decisions and nothing really fell to us in the box when it could have done. We're disappointed but the bigger game is on Wednesday night [they face Hull] now."

"We can't dwell on it. A lot of the results went our way on Saturday and that's the good thing. Wednesday night's obviously a massive game and we need to get our form back on track.

"We didn't give the fans much to shout about on Saturday. We've disappointed them and we're disappointed ourselves but we'll be back Wednesday night!"

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [15] Fletcher has been surprised by how well he has coped on his return
    Posted on 23/03/2014 13:14:43 GMT
    "I'm getting there. I'm feeling stronger and fitter all the time.

"I don't want this to sound cocky, but I've actually surprised myself in the few games I've played, how well I've done.

"I'm the same as any player who hasn't played for 18 months and missed the last three pre-seasons. I can't wait for this pre-season.

"I'm going to train hard all summer. I have good weights and dietary programmes to get my strength back.

"David Moyes has been great but I feel like I'm starting my career again, like I'm 19, coming into the team, new manager. Every little opportunity, every training session I have to prove what I can do."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [14] Fletch feels the team could have got carried away with recent form (but they haven't)
    Posted on 23/03/2014 13:13:46 GMT
    "The team don't like what's happening this season,"

"The biggest thing, and I felt it, there's been no real celebration since Olympiakos. No, 'Wow, we're back'. There's a lot of work to do. At the end of the game it was, 'Listen lads, we've done nothing'.

"We're in the Champions League but our league position doesn't give us any right to make out we're back."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X