X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red News
    replied
    Roy Keane on the importance of Manchester United fans supporting

“We’ve been saying for years what great support Man Utd have got and we need to see that over the next few months. It’s very, very easy to support a winning team but they need to support a team that’s struggling. But hopefully they get to the summer, get one or two players in and be ready for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Roy Keane on United just not turning up

“There’s a bit more pain to come. If they play against Bayern Munich like they have in the last two weeks then they’ll be in massive, massive trouble. At the Liverpool game, I thought United would be okay but they never turned up. Against City, I thought they’d be alright and they never turned up — my God they better turn up next Tuesday night.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Roy Keane on why David Moyes deserves time

“I think the game is changing. We see it at all levels. People don't have patience. They get bogged down by a lot of the supporters sometimes. I think United will be all right and David Moyes will get plenty of time. The man deserves it. Sometimes a manager has to go, but with David Moyes, get him to the summer to get some players in and give a chance. Hopefully he'll get a bit of time because anyone who has got any idea about football will know this was the biggest job, to follow Alex Ferguson. The clever people were saying you want to follow the manager after Alex Ferguson. That's why, David Moyes, you've got to give the man time, give him a chance."

Roy Keane - United need to win the big games

“Forget about beating the West Hams, and the Olympiakoses and Crystal Palaces, that’s not what playing for Manchester United is about. It’s about doing it against the big teams. If they play against Bayern like they have in the last two weeks, then they will be in massive, massive trouble. It’s not a lack of effort. I’ve seen a few of United’s games and they have lost a bit of confidence. They are human beings. It is not going to get any easier in the next couple of months and there is more pain to come with Bayern next Tuesday. In defence of David Moyes, he cannot believe how tough it’s been.”

Roy Keane - I am still fond of United and sit in the cheap seats

“It’s easy sitting in the studio or sitting in the fancy seats eating prawn sandwiches. But I am still fond of United. I left on bad terms, particularly with the manager and David Gill, but I want them to do well. I go the games as a fan sometimes. Sir Alex? Yeah, he sits in the nice seats, but I sit in the cheap seats with my young fella. A couple of people know me, but they leave me alone. I enjoy going to games and not to analyse.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    started a topic Roy Keane comments yesterday

Roy Keane comments yesterday

Roy Keane again says David Moyes needs time (and new signings)

“I don’t know where you start. They need a number of players. Defensively, there are players leaving and I don’t think it helps Nemanja Vidic is going, people are talking about Patrice Evra and obviously Rio and Giggsy are coming to an end. They are lacking a few leaders at the moment and I don’t think they have that type of player in the group. But I think United will be all right and David Moyes will get plenty of time. The man deserves it.”

Roy Keane says the senior players need to do more

“He’s got vast experience, but his staff – Steve Round and Phil Neville – and a couple of senior players, Rio and Giggsy, they have to step up to the plate. One or two of the new players are getting criticism, but it’s up to the players who have been there a few years who know what United are about. We had tough days. We ground out results, we survived a few times, we got lucky breaks. When we won the league in 1996, at Newcastle we could have been five nil down at half-time, yet we ended up winning with Eric Cantona nicking a goal. You need defining moments, but this team will not find it because they don’t have it in the group.”

Roy Keane says United lack passion

“You have got to have that passion. There's no problem losing football matches, but you can lose in a good way. The way United have lost the last few games has been more upsetting than anything else. They have to get certain players in, certain characters to make sure they battle for every minute of every game. There are players leaving. I don't think that helps. When I played at United very rarely did a player leave the club. We're seeing that with Vidic, there's talk about Evra and obviously Rio and Giggsy are coming to an end."

Roy Keane expects more pain on Tuesday

"It's not going to get any easier in next couple of months with a bit more pain to come, against Bayern Munich next Tuesday.”
Working...
X