Aston Villa home - match talk/coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aston Villa home - match talk/coverage

A bit early I know, but just heard there is a minutes silence throughout all football next weekend for 25th anniversary of Hillsborough.

If it is a silence and not a minutes applause, I hope we don't embarrass ourselves...

(FFS please introduce a way of editing thread titles for typos!)

Originally posted by redlester
    A bit early I know, but just heard there is a minutes silence throughout all football next weekend for 25th anniversary of Hillsborough.

If it is a silence and not a minutes applause, I hope we don't embarrass ourselves...

(FFS please introduce a way of editing thread titles for typos!)
    I read last week that all of the 3 O'Clock kick offs are being put back by 7 minutes too.
    We'll keep the red flag flying high
    'Cos Man United will never die

Comment

Originally posted by Thornton Red
      I read last week that all of the 3 O'Clock kick offs are being put back by 7 minutes too.
      When I heard that first, I genuinely thought it was a pisstake.
      Youse really are all fuckin idiots!

Comment

Why 7 minutes?
        "Men with no beard are called girls"

Comment

Originally posted by tacconi
          Why 7 minutes?
          The game was stopped at 6 minutes in at 15:06. A seven minute delay means all the games start after the Hillsborough game ended.

Comment

But ours is a 12.45 ko, not 3pm, so what would be the point of delaying it by 7 minutes?

As for the minute's silence . . . always a worry.

Comment

The 7 minute delay for every PL game is happening on the weekend of the 12/13th ahead of the 25th anniversary on Tuesday 15th.
              All six games on Sat 12th kick off at 3.07pm.......on Sun 13th, dippers v.bitters kick off at 1.37pm with Swansea against the Rentboys starting at 4.07pm.
              As it happens,it's FA Cup Semi Final weekend and we aren't even playing 'cos we were due to play Hull at home which is probably just as well....
              A nice gesture,no doubt - however, and I stand corrected on this by the way, but I'm fairly certain that all top flight games played on Saturday February 5th 1983,the day before the 25th anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster, did not kick off at 3.04pm.........
              MUFC - the light that never goes out.......

Comment

Originally posted by Finno63
                The 7 minute delay for every PL game is happening on the weekend of the 12/13th ahead of the 25th anniversary on Tuesday 15th.
                All six games on Sat 12th kick off at 3.07pm.......on Sun 13th, dippers v.bitters kick off at 1.37pm with Swansea against the Rentboys starting at 4.07pm.
                As it happens,it's FA Cup Semi Final weekend and we aren't even playing 'cos we were due to play Hull at home which is probably just as well....
                A nice gesture,no doubt - however, and I stand corrected on this by the way, but I'm fairly certain that all top flight games played on Saturday February 5th 1983,the day before the 25th anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster, did not kick off at 3.04pm.........
                I can't remember where I heard it said that it was next weekend - but it was clearly way out!

Comment

Originally posted by redlester
                  I can't remember where I heard it said that it was next weekend - but it was clearly way out!
                  Yeah RL and it's definitely a minutes silence at 6 minutes past for every game in the five divisions and also the FA Cup Semis which kick off at 17.07 on the 12th(wigan/arsenal)and 16.07 on the 13th(hull/sheff utd).......

Comment

Yeah RL and it's definitely a minutes silence at 6 minutes past for every game in the five divisions and also the FA Cup Semis which kick off at 17.07 on the 12th(wigan/arsenal)and 16.07 on the 13th(hull/sheff utd).......
                    I don't think we play that weekend but don't have fixtures in front of me

I think we are supposed to be playing Hull

So no need to worry about our fans during minutes silence

Comment

Originally posted by bmulvany
                      I don't think we play that weekend but don't have fixtures in front of me

I think we are supposed to be playing Hull

So no need to worry about our fans during minutes silence
                      Jesus Brian,you must be on the drink aswell as Jim.......see my earlier post where I thought I had said just that!

Comment

Jesus Brian,you must be on the drink aswell as Jim.......see my earlier post where I thought I had said just that!
                        Just missed your post

Must do better in future :)

Although since I posted my reply I started my 1st drink of the night

Comment

Originally posted by bmulvany
                          Just missed your post

Must do better in future :)

Although since I posted my reply I started my 1st drink of the night
                          Ha! You're forgiven mate! Don't go too mad now,save yourself for Tuesday!

Comment

Different era, hardly ever had minutes silences in those days....now we get them all the time.
                            I see the Stretford End arising
                            I see there's trouble on the way
                            Don't go out tonight
                            Unless you're red and white
                            I see there's trouble on the way

Comment

Originally posted by coggie
                              Different era, hardly ever had minutes silences in those days....now we get them all the time.
                              True Michael, so on that basis, I suppose there'll be an opportunity to redress the balance when the 60th anniversary of Munich comes around in 4 years time.......

Comment

Working...
                              X