• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.S.
    replied
    [26] Fletcher on Wayne being a leader through his play on the pitch

“Wayne has been a talisman for us this season,”

“He’s been fantastic. He’s a real leader and he’s really starting to show that now in his performances. You could say he has always done that but his consistency levels are really good; he’s a fantastic player and we’re glad he’s staying with us. He’ll go on to achieve more great success.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [24] Fletcher on goal number four ... it was a team goal

“The fourth goal was a fantastic team move,”

“Adnan played a one-two with Fellaini and then it was a great delivery for Chicharito.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [23] Fletcher reflects on the progress of Adnan

“Adnan can be a great player and he is going to have a big future at this club. People just have to be patient with him. He’s had a fantastic season. He’s maybe not played as regularly as he would have liked in recent weeks but he’s showed that he’s hungry and he came on and impressed. That’s all you can do – when you get your chance you go on and impress and give the manager a selection headache for the next game.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [20] Mata feels a lotta love for playing with Wayne

"He's doing very well for us, scores almost every game and is so passionate about playing for this club,"

"I'm very happy for him and hopefully he can keep scoring until the end of the season."

"I really enjoyed linking up with him as we had spaces to play between their lines. I really like to play with him because he is top striker - he does everything up front."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [19] Mata on getting a goal, at last

“It feels very good, it's taken a few games but today was the day,"

"I felt that it was coming and, thankfully, it was today. I feel very happy and very grateful to the fans who were supporting me in the game today.

"I will try to score as many as I can between now and the end of the season and hopefully it is the first of many in my Manchester United career."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [18] Rooney thinks United were good for the win

"Today was an important game after midweek and we had to respond and show what kind of team we are. It was difficult as we made a slow start, we went behind and it was difficult. We came through it, played some good stuff and got the win we deserved."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [17] Rooney on becoming the fourth highest Premier League goal-scorer

"I wasn't aware of that but obviously it's great"

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [15] Moyes thinks Mata is a good footballer and feels the fans can see that too

"I think Mata is popular with the fans and the players because everyone can see what a good footballer he is,"

"I think he’s played well and really helped us and his goals were one of the reasons why we wanted to sign him.

"He’s always had a record of scoring goals and I thought he came very close against West Ham. There were signs that it was coming and, thankfully, he got his first today.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [14] Moyes on the contribution of Kagawa

"I'm glad with Shinji. I thought he played very well at West Ham, too, but he made a very good pass to Juan for the penalty kick [on Saturday]. I want see more from Shinji in those moments because he's a very good footballer. He is technically gifted and can create good situations. It was also an excellent pass [for Wayne Rooney's header]."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [9] Moyes feels a poor start gave the players a challenge to face ... which they did well at over-coming

"We didn’t get off to a great start,"

"I think everyone was a bit nervy in that first five to 10-minute period. Once we regrouped and got going, it was good that we got the equaliser and we scored the second goal at a really good time just before half-time.

"I thought the players took the challenge on and rose to it after that and we got better.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [8] Moyes enjoyed the fourth goal, for its footballing beauty

"I love my football and the fourth one was a great goal with the interplay on the wing between Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini and Adnan put in a great cross for Chicharito. It was a goal for a football supporter."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [4] Moyes explains why he walked out ahead of the team

"I just wanted everybody to know I'm the manager of the club,"

"They know where I am. I stand by the side of the pitch. Ever since I’ve been at Manchester United, I’ve only had support. I don’t where people are trying to change this from but I believe that all Manchester United supporters are behind me and they all understand the situation we are in. The players are incredibly focused, that was an important thing as I wanted the focus to be right.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [2] Moyes on aiming to beat Villa, and the fans helping that

"My be-all and end-all was to make sure we won the game. Nothing else. I thought the fans inside the ground got behind the club and the team.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [1] Moyes gives an update in injuries

"With Rafael, it's an injury and we need to check it out,"

"Valencia had a bit of tendinitis in his knee, which is why he wasn't involved. He was probably one I would have put to full-back if we had lost one, so we knew we'd be short if that was the case.

"The young boy Guillermo Varela might have got on the bench but he was injured as well so we had to juggle it around. We have injuries but we will probably know more about them tomorrow. I've just got to hope that Rafa's injury isn't too bad."

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    David Moyes on the slow pace to United’s play

“We’re aware of that and will try to improve that. It’s something that we’ll do everything we can - the training - I’ve been in coaching a long time and I’ll try to do everything I can to make that better. Tempo and speed comes sometimes from the personnel.”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X