Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.S.
    replied
    [20] Phil Jones heards the United fans displeasure yesterday and thinks the home form justifies it

"Of course they had every right to do that,"

"You can understand that totally. They have had a difficult season. It has not been easy for them, especially here at Old Trafford.

"It's the story of our season isn't it? You win one, but you can't carry the form on. It's disappointing."

"We are up at the top of the table on away form, but the home form for whatever reason has not been as good,"

"It's caught us out and that's something next season we really nail down and work on."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [14] Wes Brown still thinks Giggs would be a good manager (even after Sunderland beat MUFC)

“I want Giggsy to do well but it was great to get the win today and I wish Giggsy all the best for the future.

“I think he looks great [as Manchester United manager]. Obviously it has been put upon him but if he was given it full-time, or maybe later on, he would do a great job.

“He’s got a great character about him so I’m sure he’d thrive.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [10] Poyet thinks Sunderland were incredible, unique, special ...

"It is difficult to explain - incredible, unique, special,"

"The determination of the players, they were willing to do things right - what a game of football we played here.

"It was very difficult today, it was tough. There were moments that we looked very tired, but somehow we coped with that as a team. The clean sheet today is immense.

"I said a few days ago, if we get another three points and stay up it is going to be an absolutely incredible season.

"At the right times we have come back and we have done something special."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [32] Giggs feels Sunderland had the best chances and even when United had a chance we didn't look like scoring

"Sunderland had the best chances. They probably had three chances; they scored a goal, hit the post and hit the crossbar. We just couldn’t break up their defence with either a key pass or cross. Even when a cross found one of our players, we didn’t have the concentration to hit the target. It was disappointing all over"

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [31] Giggs on another target missed but still targets to play for

“We wanted to end the season with four wins and that isn’t going to happen now. We want to finish our last home game with a win [against Hull City on Tuesday] and we’ll try our best to do that.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [30] Giggs can't explain the home form (or the lack of it)

“I can’t explain it,”

“At home you need a bit of quality to score the first goal, and over the years even when we haven’t scored the first goal, we have produced wave after wave of attack.

"It just hasn’t looked like that this season, so it’s something that needs to be addressed. We want Old Trafford to be a fortress and we don’t want teams to look forward to playing here.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [27] Ashley Young thinks United started well but then just dissapointed

“I think the way we started the game, we looked on top,"

"We knew how Sunderland would set up with men behind the ball, and that they would try to get us on the counter attack. It was disappointing to see them score that goal, and there’s a lot of disappointment in our dressing room.

“I don’t think we actually had a clear-cut chance. It was one of those games where if one had gone in, we would have scored more. It wasn't meant to be, and we’re disappointed.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [26] Young knows which teams we are playing in the final two league games

"We’ve got two more games left and six points to play for. It will be a quick turnaround with the game in midweek against Hull, and then we've got Southampton away so we want to put things right and get back to winning ways.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [25] Young on needing to make sure United win the last home game

“Everyone’s always said that it’s been a disappointing season for us, and seven defeats at home is unheard of. We need to get ourselves back to winning ways in our last home game, and we want to get all three points.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [24] Young on needing to win again

“We need to go out and win, that’s the Manchester United way. We need to attack teams and be on the front foot, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Obviously, we’re not going for a title or trophy but there are games to be won. There are points to play for and we’ll be looking to win.”

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [20] Giggs is disappointed with a lack of quality and concentration

"I'm just disappointed, more than angry. We just didn't show that quality that we showed last week, especially in the final third. When you do that you come unstuck in the Premier League.

"I just didn't think that there was that concentration today when the passes really mattered.

"When you've got to break open a defence, play that key pass, or concentrate on a finish, it just wasn't there.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [19] Giggs remembers saying he wanted to recreate fortress Old Trafford #awkward

"I said last week we want to make it a fortress, as it always has been a difficult place to come. This season that has been the problem, our home form hasn't been good enough.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [18] Giggs feels the quality and quantity of chances were missing for MUFC

"The quality wasn't there. Once Sunderland got that first goal they got everyone behind the ball and counter-attacked on us, but we had enough possession to create more chances than we did.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [17] Giggs on poor form and looking ahead to transfers improving the quality

"Manchester United is a big club. The form hasn't been good enough this year. I'm sure there will be players coming in, quality players. We need to improve and do better next season."

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    [16] Giggs is planning to rotate

"I said I'd give everyone a chance before the end of the season and that's what I'll carry on doing. I still believe in the quality in the dressing room."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X