X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red News
    replied
    Robin Van Persie on Louis Van Gaal

This looks interesting. Louis Van Gaal: The Biography by Maarten Meijer, out in July.

<iframe src="http://rcm-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=httpmanunblog-21&o=2&p=8&l=as1&asins=0091960142&ref=tf_til&fc1=0 00000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000 000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...tpmanunblog-21

“We have a coach who's won everything and who is greatly respected and trusted by our team. And we are in tune with what he wants. If you have such a connection with your trainer, and I speak for the whole team, it is definitely a huge advantage. Our coach isn't easily impressed, and he lets us know too. So we are taught to respect our opponents, but not be intimidated - because we are just as good. That's something we proved to everyone against Spain.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Robin Van Persie on his and the Dutch World Cup so far

This looks interesting. Louis Van Gaal: The Biography by Maarten Meijer, out in July.

<iframe src="http://rcm-eu.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=httpmanunblog-21&o=2&p=8&l=as1&asins=0091960142&ref=tf_til&fc1=0 00000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&m=amazon&lc1=0000FF&bc1=000 000&bg1=FFFFFF&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...tpmanunblog-21

“The tournament has barely started yet. We achieved an impressive result but we have a long way to go to win this tournament. This is my fifth tournament and I know how these things work: the euphoria vanishes just as quickly as it appears. So we have to make sure that we hold on to it – not only for the people and fans, but also for ourselves. Everybody is euphoric and happy in the Netherlands. We are dealing with people's expectations, which had been low compared to other years. This worked to our advantage because nobody expected much from us. But after such a performance, the dynamics have naturally changed. However, as a country, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. We have to stay realistic. Spain have won everything there is to win over the past six years. They have shown the world what they have to offer again and again, so to break their streak is fantastic for us. It was an amazing start for our World Cup, and I think we've made a lot of people very happy. I've seen the spectacular footage and images from the celebrations across the world, and that makes me so proud.”

"However, as I said, those were only the first three points. Now the focus is on Australia, and I think that will be completely different to the game against Spain. Australia have a very different style and I think we are going to have to adjust our own game to beat them. It’s an interesting process, having to adjust your game every time. However, we have a fantastic technical staff that knows exactly how to prepare us for matches, so I’m not worried.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Danny Welbeck on the impact Wayne Rooney can still make for England

"Wazza is a class player and wherever he is playing on the pitch he can make a massive impact. When he is on that pitch, he can make a difference. It can be quite frustrating at times for anyone playing out of position but that's football and you've just got to deal with it. It's not up to you who picks the team. At the end of the day, it's the manager's decision and you've got to respect that and go into it giving it 100 per cent and give it your best shot."

“Wayne's experienced. He can handle pretty much any situation. He's been through a lot in his career. You say he's playing out of position but he's played there plenty of times for Manchester United as well and not just in the Premier League, in the Champions League semi-final and final. He's accustomed to that position and can play it well."

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Danny Welbeck on Wayne Rooney’s frustration at being out wide

“Of course he gets frustrated when he is not playing in his favoured position. But he is experienced and can cope with it.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Daniel Sturridge defends Danny Welbeck

“I’ve grown up with Welbs and I think he’s unbelievably talented. He hasn’t got the credit he deserves in the past. We’ve been in similar situations, both wanting to play centrally but being on the wing. Mentally, it plays with you sometimes. You’re not clear-minded about how to perform.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Danny Welbeck asked about those who criticise him

border="0">

"I just give 100 per cent. Everyone has their own opinion, but what matters most is what I believe. And I know what I can do."

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Daniel Sturridge on Wayne Rooney’s England position

“You’re not picking the team and you have to respect the manager’s decision and give it your best shot. I know Wayne’s experienced, he can handle pretty much any situation because he’s been through a lot in his career. You say that’s out of position but he’s played there lots of times for Manchester United, not just in the Premier League but in Champions League semi-finals and finals.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Javier Hernandez thanks the Mexico fans

"This has put us in a really good mood, because 2013 was a very difficult year, as far as the fans were concerned. This year, I think we've paid back the debt we owed them."

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    The Mexico manager says Javier Hernandez is suffering because of his United season and needs a new team

Miguel Herrera

“Chicharito had a difficult year because he had a different coach to the one that brought him to the club. That coach left and he had another on. But he has an impressive market in Europe and I believe he has huge possibilities to be part of another team, being one of the starting players. Sometimes people get heated up and carried away because they want to see Javier on the pitch but, with what we showed in the last match against Cameroon, people understand that we’ve decided to have 11 players that are going through their best time. When Javier went on, he started the move for the goal but he also passed when he might have shot.”

Leave a comment:

• mancmark
    replied
    Originally posted by Red News View Post
    It looked like David De Gea might start for Spain in the next game, but now he’s picked up an injury

Spanish football federation statement

"After undergoing tests it was decided that David de Gea would not take part in the team's afternoon training session owing to muscle discomfort in the gluteal region. The Spanish national team's medical services will evaluate day by day the goalkeeper's recovery to determine his reincorporation into the group."
    So unlucky as I think he'd of dropped Casillas for De Gea in the next game, hopefully he recovers in time!

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Roy Hodgson says they will get Wayne Rooney into the penalty box

“We want him in the area I thought he set up the goal really well. But, yes, we want Wayne in the box, we will get Wayne in the box.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Jose Mourinho doesn’t think out wide left is the best position for Wayne Rooney

border="0">

“I don’t think it is the best position for Wayne, but I think many, many times players must do sacrifices for their team and I think Wayne did well. I think in this moment after defeat it is quite easy and it is a normal tendency to try and find the reasons for the defeat but I think it is fair to say that the reason for the England defeat was a great Italy. England played very, very well. I don’t remember seeing England play so well in an important competition like the World Cup. Obviously Roy was trying to play at the same time Rooney, Sterling and Welbeck with Sturridge, and to do that somebody has to play a bit more on the side and Wayne did his job. He got an assist for the goal with good participation in the game. But he loses a bit of his danger because he is naturally a goalscorer when he plays more in central positions. England are obviously not happy because that situation is now an extreme situation: they cannot lose another match in the group phase. In the next match against Uruguay it is forbidden to lose. In my opinion the English team had a very, very good positive game.”

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Wayne Rooney on the rest of the World Cup for England

"We have to stay positive. We know it is (a game we can win). We know they have got some really good individual players and a good team, likewise we do. We will be positive, we will go in try and try to get three points and hopefully we can. We obviously need the three points now against Uruguay and we go into that game confident. We will take a few of the positives from the game and hopefully that can help us there. We know if we lose the game we are more or less out, so we have to be positive and go at it in some ways the way we did. We went at Italy, I think we lost the two goals at a bad time, really, and we couldn't quite recover from the second one. But we will certainly give it a good go."

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Wayne Rooney asked about his performance against Italy

border="0">

“I don't know. I enjoyed the game. Obviously we lost the game but I was involved in the game, could have scored, created the goal and felt I had an influence, although we lost the game.”

Q. Are you a guaranteed starter?

“ I've never felt that, I don't know why you said that. Why would I feel my place in the team is guaranteed? I work hard to try and get in that team. I have never said my place is guaranteed. I don't expect to play, I work hard. I want to play."

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    It looked like David De Gea might start for Spain in the next game, but now he’s picked up an injury

Spanish football federation statement

"After undergoing tests it was decided that David de Gea would not take part in the team's afternoon training session owing to muscle discomfort in the gluteal region. The Spanish national team's medical services will evaluate day by day the goalkeeper's recovery to determine his reincorporation into the group."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X