Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red News World Cup competition : Anyone can enter and its FREE to do so. For details of what it is and how to take part, read on ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lardarsedmanc
    replied
    Well done to all, especially the Red News crew for putting this together! Now can we have some proper football please.

Leave a comment:

• docky
    replied
    Thank you to E.S for all the effort that has gone into running the competition and for Barney for funding it. It was a good experience and added to the World Cup from a personal point of view.

Well done to Brian for coming top of the pile, not very fond of Mario Gotze at the moment as 6 additional extra time minutes without a goal, leading to penalties could have seen me winning.

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Originally posted by E.S. View Post
    loving the eagerness, but do you really want to keep getting beaten by me in these comps? I'm starting to feel bad about it ...
    one poxy penalty shoot out.

Leave a comment:

• bmulvany
    replied
    Originally posted by MickMc7 View Post
    1st loser god dammit! Well done Brian, thanks ES, good job.
    As for the season comp, I recall getting very bored with it previously, I found guessing scores for every match every weekend became a chore more than anything. But maybe that was just me. I'm sure we can come up with something.
    I was the same

A mixture of forgetting the odd week and maybe not doing great resulted in me losing interest

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Red News View Post
    maybe just predict the United result and team each week? 1 point for each player right, then 3/7 points for score as this?
    loving the eagerness, but do you really want to keep getting beaten by me in these comps? I'm starting to feel bad about it ...

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    Originally posted by MickMc7 View Post
    As for the season comp, I recall getting very bored with it previously, I found guessing scores for every match every weekend became a chore more than anything. But maybe that was just me. I'm sure we can come up with something.
    yep - that need to commit to every week seems the issue (understandably)

quite like the idea of picking out say 2-3 games every month that people predict on, or a FA/League cup only one so it reduces the commitment needed to take part

something simple but challenging skill/knowledge

views welcome

Leave a comment:

• Red News
    replied
    Originally posted by E.S. View Post
    we've had a break from league predictions competitions but having done the WC one i want to find a way we can ressurect the league one. one to dwell on

Anyway, if you can't see the stats clearly on screen you should be able to download each one and then view at your leisure

cheers
    maybe just predict the United result and team each week? 1 point for each player right, then 3/7 points for score as this?

Leave a comment:

• MickMc7
    replied
    1st loser god dammit! Well done Brian, thanks ES, good job.

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    we've had a break from league predictions competitions but having done the WC one i want to find a way we can ressurect the league one. one to dwell on

Anyway, if you can't see the stats clearly on screen you should be able to download each one and then view at your leisure

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Well done Brian!!!!

Andy thanks again for setting up this competition!

Bring on the PL, can't wait...21 times by United (doesn't sound as good but who cares)

Leave a comment:

• Bosnian Loyal
    replied
    Congratulations Brian! And well done to everyone involved. It's been a pleasure competing with you guys. Thank you ES, for organising all this. Man loves his stats

Leave a comment:

• tacconi
    replied
    Originally posted by bmulvany View Post
    Thanks ES for organising

I just about hung in tbh as my match predictions since the group stages have been poor
    Congrats on a deserved victory

Leave a comment:

• bmulvany
    replied
    Thanks ES for organising

I just about hung in tbh as my match predictions since the group stages have been poor

Leave a comment:

• E.S.
    replied
    we collectively got more match predictions right (53%) than wrong (47%) ... just

and likewise with qualifying team predictions - 54% right, 46% wrong

but only 1 in 5 tournament predictions proved accurate. If Argentina had won the World Cup then that stat would have looked a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper
    replied
    Originally posted by Red News View Post
    well done Brian, and thanks ES for another great comp, enjoyed the competition. Mad only two tipped Germany, what were pre odds? Hope you backed it up docky and Jasper.

Brian, is paypal ok for your winnings? PM me your email for it and I'll sort the fifty quid winnings this week, cheers
    13/2. Nice little £75 payout thanks to ze germans!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X